Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Session 2 Updates
As the big thread is broken with replies that everyone fell to doing updates, I thought I'd create this one for SPRING SESSION 2 UPDATES these will involve the dates of March 15 to May 7th. 

This is meant to be a gross general topic about anything relating to UMPI for Spring Session 2 students. 
  • What classes are you taking? 
  • How are you feeling?
  • Any classes causing frustration?
  • What did you pass? 
Keep us updated on Your Pace Big Grin (do you get the pun?)
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts, TINASAM
It's weird that I'm no longer an UMPI student! I have completed all of my courses. A few of my grades from last term posted today. As long as the Registrar agrees with my academic advisor's assessment of my courses my degree with be conferred within the next few weeks. I finished my BLS with 3 minors in 3 terms. I would have been done in 2 terms if I didn't add 2 minors in my second term. I'm soooo happy I added that project management minor though. I really want to get into project management for my next career. I guess I'll be an official alumni soon! Wow that's crazy!
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • P226mem, rachel83az
(03-15-2021, 05:27 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It's weird that I'm no longer an UMPI student! I have completed all of my courses. A few of my grades from last term posted today. As long as the Registrar agrees with my academic advisor's assessment of my courses my degree with be conferred within the next few weeks. I finished my BLS with 3 minors in 3 terms. I would have been done in 2 terms if I didn't add 2 minors in my second term. I'm soooo happy I added that project management minor though. I really want to get into project management for my next career. I guess I'll be an official alumni soon! Wow that's crazy!

Go you!!!!!

I have only 6 classes left, and it's so hard to believe. two are multiple choices, 2 are essays. I'm pretty confident I'll finish it within a month and that leaves me a month left in my term. I'm excited. But I'm considering doing the BLS in project management as a minor too since it only requires BUS 343, 400 and 401 for me to take, since the rest was part of my BA already. I can do the full one for 6 more classes, but I just wanna graduate. I'm half thinking of seeing if they'd let me take a class for the MAOL early.
(03-15-2021, 09:35 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:27 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It's weird that I'm no longer an UMPI student! I have completed all of my courses. A few of my grades from last term posted today. As long as the Registrar agrees with my academic advisor's assessment of my courses my degree with be conferred within the next few weeks. I finished my BLS with 3 minors in 3 terms. I would have been done in 2 terms if I didn't add 2 minors in my second term. I'm soooo happy I added that project management minor though. I really want to get into project management for my next career. I guess I'll be an official alumni soon! Wow that's crazy!

Go you!!!!!

I have only 6 classes left, and it's so hard to believe. two are multiple choices, 2 are essays. I'm pretty confident I'll finish it within a month and that leaves me a month left in my term. I'm excited. But I'm considering doing the BLS in project management as a minor too since it only requires BUS 343, 400 and 401 for me to take, since the rest was part of my BA already. I can do the full one for 6 more classes, but I just wanna graduate. I'm half thinking of seeing if they'd let me take a class for the MAOL early.

Double check with Jessica that you can complete the BLS in addition to your BA. There's some funky thing about the BLS being a terminal degree. BUS400 & BUS401 typically aren't offered in the same term. They are both HUGE projects you have to write. They're both based on the project you create in BUS141.

Some of my grades posted today. One more class remains to be graded.....Change Management, Spanish 1, and Operations Management came in today. Still waiting on Organizational Behavior. 

I thought you were moving on to their Master's program? Or do I have you confused with someone else? Either way, you're no longer an undergrad student. Congratulations on getting your degree!  Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-16-2021, 05:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

I thought you were moving on to their Master's program? Or do I have you confused with someone else? Either way, you're no longer an undergrad student. Congratulations on getting your degree!  Big Grin

I was going to do their MAOL. Ashkir shared that it's the same program at Brandman. Brandman is being rebranded as UMass Global. UMass is HUUUUUUGE where I live so it makes sense to go there instead for the name recognition.

Wow I'm no longer an undergrad student. Oh that is weird! Thanks! I didn't even realize that. LOL

My grade for Organizational Behavior has been posted. I transferred in 186 credits. Completed 48 credits in 3 terms (24 weeks). I graduate with a 4.0. How I don't know! Now to wait for my degree to be conferred. I wonder how long this takes. I know it will be done before Spring Term 2 ends. I wonder if they mail all of the diplomas after commencement in May. Hopefully, I won't have to wait that long.
My grades are coming in for Term 1 woooo https://nickpic.host/image/lsbt3m
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
(03-16-2021, 02:57 PM)ashkir Wrote: My grades are coming in for Term 1 woooo https://nickpic.host/image/lsbt3m

Great job! What classes are you still waiting on grades for? All of mine came in. Last one came in this morning. I still have no idea how I ended up with some of my grades. I mean I know I did the work, but it's mind blowing the grades I earned. 
(03-16-2021, 03:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:57 PM)ashkir Wrote: My grades are coming in for Term 1 woooo https://nickpic.host/image/lsbt3m

Great job! What classes are you still waiting on grades for? All of mine came in. Last one came in this morning. I still have no idea how I ended up with some of my grades. I mean I know I did the work, but it's mind blowing the grades I earned. 

I don't see a grade for Business Policy and Strategy, Business Analytics, Financial management, LEadership, Managerial Accounting, or Intermediate Business Computing yet. I'm pretty sure Finance will come in as a B, the rest most likely some sort of A.
Day two and three courses down !!!! This is awesome BIO 105 is taking a while because of the labs and waiting for the Kit but my next course should be in tomorrow AM
[-] The following 2 users Like cmilstead9's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,675 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 923 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to school Spring...next week. Terrified ender5803 8 742 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: ender5803
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 437 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,040 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 483 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,669 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 435 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course Offerings Per Session Infinite-Telephone52 4 691 06-11-2023, 02:29 PM
  Got my Grades for Spring II term!! joshua27 25 1,942 05-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Pancman237