Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Session 2 Updates
(04-01-2021, 10:17 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 08:00 PM)oroseeo Wrote: Has anyone asked if study.com Bio is accepted? It sounds like I’ll be paying the subscription fee and possibly figuring out another class to take with them to avoid Bio at UMPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is as long as it has a "lab".
(04-01-2021, 09:19 PM)oroseeo Wrote: BUS 244 done and I’m starting my project for Business Ethics (BUS 353).

I have these left without including BIO 105. Anyone know which of these are tests/papers? If I go down the SDC for BIO 105 I’m seeing what other class I should take there.

BUS 240 Change Management
BUS 260 Leadership
BUS 321 Human Resource Management
BUS 325 Financial Management
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 415 Operations Management
HUM 103 Creative Decision Making
BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
BUS 489 Business Policy & Strategy

*edited to add I got an 88% on my final exam for Management Information systems...some of the questions had me scratching my head because the answers didn’t make sense to me but ah well a pass is a pass.

The Management Information systems one scratched my head too. Email Jessica and Cody about some of the issues you had. Like calling 5G past technology etc? I emailed Cody/Jessica about it and they asked the professor to boost my grade on it because the test was wrong.

HUM 103 has a pretty long final too, see if you can get Jessica and the registrar to approve an alternative to that.

The rest of those courses were a casewalk tbh. 489 was ridic easy.

I’m thinking the only course from SDC that would take up that HUM 103 course would be Critical Thinking and Analysis which has 3 assignments. I may be the same boat with either one.

How was BUS 321? I think BUS 106 from SDC transfers for that. Is it a paper or test at UMPI?

(04-01-2021, 10:26 PM)DanielDaCosta87 Wrote: I had the same issue with the Management Information systems. I’ll talk with Jessica about my grade. Thanks for the information!
Yeah don't hesitate about contacting them over that class. The information is pretty outdated.
(04-01-2021, 11:20 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Wow, that bio class is brutal.
I would recommend taking 1-credit biology lab via TEL. You don't need to do 3cr bio +1cr lab, just 1cr lab (it will work though MACU). 
The class does require to do several hands-on labs, but these are safe and super easy (no crazy stuff like dissecting a pellet). A couple days of work and you will be done with that class.
(04-01-2021, 11:28 PM)portia8 Wrote: My goodness, this sounds unbelievably frustrating, I hope it works out for you, what a course to end on. Did they give you any more feedback on whether they would accept the coursera? I thought the amount of work for my EDU milestones was a lot but this is insane.
I'll let you know if they approve the Coursera course! I haven't gotten a response yet, but Jessica is asking the register if they can take it. I'd much prefer an GIS course over Biology for a lab! GIS is actually useful in today's business world for a Business degree versus where Biology isn't really that useful towards the degree.

Genetics milestone "looks" long but it was actually really fun! You got to create a genetic monster and breed some pigeons in a game. It took a few hours, but at least it was fun! If you do BIO 105 at UMPI this website is going to carry you through the milestones: https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/punnett-square

Bio 105 wouldn't be too bad, if the professor's feedback was clearer or not as strict. She expects perfect 100% and nothing less then that. I feel like this feedback is best left for the final not for the milestones.

UMPI does need to switch to a 100% online virtual lab. The next milestone again (the 3rd milestone I've had) that requires in person experiments/chemicals.

100% Online Coursework
You can access our digital platform anywhere you have internet

that 100% is a total lie.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • kidneysmasher
Requiring students to get 100% is just insane and unfathomable. Seriously, why?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Genetics got rejected even though I liked it. Why? Because I spelled this syndrome:

Patient C has Extra Chromosome 13, Trisomy 13 Syndrome

as:
Patient C has Extra Chromosome 13, Trisomy Syndrome

Just that single 13 meant the entire assignment, all 8 pages was a fail. ugh
100% or fail is baloney.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Ideas
LOL, I thought competency based was to a certain percentage, like 80% or something and off to the next course...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I submitted the last lab! Finally! If this gets confirmed I just have to make a PowerPoint and I'm done! \o/ Woooooooooooooooooooooo.

I really hope I did it right -.-
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
Got BIO 101L Intro to Bio with Lab and BUS 106 Human Resource Management @ study.com approved to take to transfer in. I started yesterday with BIO hopefully it’s painless.

SDC BIO 101L = UMPI BIO 112
SDC BUS 106 = UMPI BUS 321

[-] The following 1 user Likes oroseeo's post:
  • rachel83az
I finished 10 courses so far this term and I honestly find the 400 level courses easier than Bio 105 I am not sure if we all have the same teacher but I really feel like it's kinda nit-picky and that is the one I am struggling with the most. Do we have a discord of study groups I would love some more feedback on my labs because I get new feedback on the milestones of each submission?
If you guys have any problems with any courses at UMPI like running into a wall, or incorrect information. Message Cody & Jessica about your issues, they can help you work through it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,692 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 935 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to school Spring...next week. Terrified ender5803 8 746 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: ender5803
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 438 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,043 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 484 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,704 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 440 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course Offerings Per Session Infinite-Telephone52 4 692 06-11-2023, 02:29 PM
  Got my Grades for Spring II term!! joshua27 25 1,956 05-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Pancman237