Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Session 2 Updates
For those working on courses at UMPI, how much easier/faster is it than Sophia.or for example? I know some courses such as English I/II and Public Speaking or something will be easier at UMPI. But for other courses, how do they fair? For those who have done StraighterLine and/or Study.com, how does the courses at UMPI fair in comparison? If some of you can do 7-10 courses a term, I can probably finish the entire degree requirements in that one term for $1400!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-06-2021, 05:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those working on courses at UMPI, how much easier/faster is it than Sophia.or for example?  I know some courses such as English I/II and Public Speaking or something will be easier at UMPI.  But for other courses, how do they fair?  For those who have done StraighterLine and/or Study.com, how does the courses at UMPI fair in comparison?  If some of you can do 7-10 courses a term, I can probably finish the entire degree requirements in that one term for $1400!

Harder then Sophia.org, but it is closest to Sophia.org in learning capabilities. It's formatted very similarly. 

English Comp I/II is easier at UMPI. The other classes are harder at UMPI. But, they're easier then Study.com/Straighter Line for the most part (Besides BIO 105). 

UMPI is the quickest way to get a BA degree as of right now combined with Sophia and a single bio transfer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
Biology final submitted... Crossing fingers. I had to type it all with one hand, as I've had an IV in my hand... Ended up in the hospital again oops.
(04-07-2021, 12:55 AM)ashkir Wrote: Biology final submitted... Crossing fingers. I had to type it all with one hand, as I've had an IV in my hand... Ended up in the hospital again oops.

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital again!
(04-06-2021, 05:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those working on courses at UMPI, how much easier/faster is it than Sophia.or for example?  I know some courses such as English I/II and Public Speaking or something will be easier at UMPI.  But for other courses, how do they fair?  For those who have done StraighterLine and/or Study.com, how does the courses at UMPI fair in comparison?  If some of you can do 7-10 courses a term, I can probably finish the entire degree requirements in that one term for $1400!

I find them very similar and have been able to fly through the courses... except for Bio 105 but I think we have all heard that one is a monster.

(04-07-2021, 12:55 AM)ashkir Wrote: Biology final submitted... Crossing fingers. I had to type it all with one hand, as I've had an IV in my hand... Ended up in the hospital again oops.

Yay! and Boo! I hope Bio goes well for you!
Draft returned with no feedback needed woohoo submitted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
BIO 105 got returned...

So they decided to add an extra 3 assignments.

Fantastic.

:| I'm gonna email Jessica and Cody about this.
Oh no.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
They added those after you finished everything?!
Ouch, that's like a purposely placed perfect pitched plot to make you take an extra term... hmm, the thickening plot I think is going to be interesting... err, this gets more interesting than the drama I'm currently addicted to! <turns on TV>
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,653 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 918 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to school Spring...next week. Terrified ender5803 8 740 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: ender5803
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 437 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,039 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 483 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,661 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 435 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course Offerings Per Session Infinite-Telephone52 4 691 06-11-2023, 02:29 PM
  Got my Grades for Spring II term!! joshua27 25 1,935 05-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Pancman237