Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Session 2 Updates
(03-24-2021, 11:58 PM)portia8 Wrote: Sligtly worrying to hear about the workload of the bio course, I wonder why its so intense just to fulfill a gec requirement. Would be really nice if they accepted Sophia's bio

It would be nice, yeah. But they probably want a lab (just like COSC does). SDC would be the easiest way to fill that requirement (if they accept it). TEL's Intro to Biology would be more certain to transfer - if transcripted at MACU, Oklahoma Christian (maybe), York, or McMurry University. ONU's BIO 201 is another possibility. ONU does have a lab component but I don't think you need to buy anything special. Looking through the labs, one of them requires vinegar, aluminum foil, construction paper, and an egg. I assume the material requirements are similar to TEL's lab component.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
BUS 353 ... LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES IN BUSINESS graded! A+, perfect 4s across the board Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • oroseeo, rachel83az
The French class is really informative. I like it. They removed a lot of the videos in favor of text tutorials as well.
I hope they put the videos back for those who need them. Especially for foreign languages!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-27-2021, 05:55 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I hope they put the videos back for those who need them. Especially for foreign languages!
It has a better design then the one I previewed now. When I first previewed it a few months ago (before Jan session started) it was only videos and instructions for milestone activities. 

Now it's like this:
Text tutorial, describing it.
Photographs
Downloadable Powerpoint
Downloadable MP3 to read along.
Link to video for the lesson.

So they added and expanded it big time.

When I first previewed it it was just:
Videos

That's it, just videos.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
I finished reading all the material for BUS 321 Human Resource Management. I basically copied all the transcripts from the videos (YouTube has a transcript feature) and the content to load up on my iPad so I can read on the go, which I did for the last week...

Anyone care to guess how big this is?

Hint: This is by far the longest class I've taken at UMPI. It has the most activities, the most quiz questions, etc. It's literally Human Resources 101, Human Resources 102, and Human Resources 103 in one or at least feels like it. Seriously, I feel if UMPI split this up into multiple classes they could offer a Business Human Resources degree lol. Each section should've been its own class honestly.

[Image: lgHaDf.png]

You read that right. 673 pages clocking in at 141,555 words.

Also this is an UPPER LEVEL CLASS, it was actually really easy. Just a lot of reading. But, easy.
(03-28-2021, 01:25 AM)ashkir Wrote: I finished reading all the material  for BUS 321 Human Resource Management. I basically copied all the transcripts from the videos (YouTube has a transcript feature) and the content to load up on my iPad so I can read on the go, which I did for the last week...

Hint: This is by far the longest class I've taken at UMPI. It has the most activities, the most quiz questions, etc. It's literally Human Resources 101, Human Resources 102, and Human Resources 103 in one or at least feels like it. Seriously, I feel if UMPI split this up into multiple classes they could offer a Business Human Resources degree lol. Each section should've been its own class honestly.

Also this is an UPPER LEVEL CLASS, it was actually really easy. Just a lot of reading. But, easy.
673???? Sad Sad

It was a paper or multiple choice?
(03-28-2021, 01:38 AM)DanielDaCosta87 Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 01:25 AM)ashkir Wrote: I finished reading all the material  for BUS 321 Human Resource Management. I basically copied all the transcripts from the videos (YouTube has a transcript feature) and the content to load up on my iPad so I can read on the go, which I did for the last week...

673???? Sad Sad

It was a paper or multiple choice?

This one was multiple choice. 

Also, it was really easy to read, it was described very well, in multiple different ways. Upper level classes aren't usually meant to be easy. It's intense, but it's very doable Smile I don't regret it.

Edit: I passed with 95%
I finished the first Bio 105 experiment today. I also did the dissection today. I have to do a biome thing next (which involves a one hour nature walk... which is cool free exercise \o/).

BIO 105 is tedious, but, it's not as bad. Professor is very strict on adhering to a PERFECT hypothesis throughout it. Nothing less then perfect is accepted. But, she's really nice and is more then happy to help. She's been answering questions for me like crazy.
How's the virtual lab been? Bio is not a strong point for me so holding everything to a perfect standard sounds quite intimidating. This Bio course does seem tedious but I guess its what UMPI feels it required for students. I guess I'll have to drive somewhere for the walk lolz, we can't walk around here on the streets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,692 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 935 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to school Spring...next week. Terrified ender5803 8 746 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: ender5803
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 438 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,043 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 484 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,697 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 438 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course Offerings Per Session Infinite-Telephone52 4 692 06-11-2023, 02:29 PM
  Got my Grades for Spring II term!! joshua27 25 1,953 05-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Pancman237