Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StraighterLine—Material Repeated (and Buggy)?
I'm going through my first StraighterLine course. The McGraw-Hill textbook is interesting and of good quality, however, I'm having difficulty with the platform part of the website. 

1. The first thing is that, although the material seems to mainly be in the textbook, it seems to also be repeated nearly exactly the same in the lesson pop-up window. I started skipping repetitive material, but then a few parts not in the textbook appeared in a lesson. Re-reading something I just learnt makes no sense to me. At the same time, I don't want to miss important material. What do you guys do?

2. The platform is so buggy—there is constantly this spinning wheel that sometimes never stops. Sometimes the pages load, sometimes they don't. Closing the window and re-openeing it sometimes helps, but it probably doesn't do much. Right now, a page has been loading for almost 5 minutes, but doesn't seem like it'll work. Is it my browser? Anyone have this happen to them?

Also, the Beat the Clock guy needs to train more—he's really slow.  Smile

By the way, apart from the two things above, I like the course and material.
Stick to the textbook only and skip the videos. From what I recall, all of the exam questions were related to the textbook only.

Also, I think firefox was much faster at loading SL than chrome was, for some reason.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(04-07-2019, 04:46 PM)pws Wrote: I'm going through my first StraighterLine course. The McGraw-Hill textbook is interesting and of good quality, however, I'm having difficulty with the platform part of the website. 

1. The first thing is that, although the material seems to mainly be in the textbook, it seems to also be repeated nearly exactly the same in the lesson pop-up window. I started skipping repetitive material, but then a few parts not in the textbook appeared in a lesson. Re-reading something I just learnt makes no sense to me. At the same time, I don't want to miss important material. What do you guys do?

2. The platform is so buggy—there is constantly this spinning wheel that sometimes never stops. Sometimes the pages load, sometimes they don't. Closing the window and re-openeing it sometimes helps, but it probably doesn't do much. Right now, a page has been loading for almost 5 minutes, but doesn't seem like it'll work. Is it my browser? Anyone have this happen to them?

Also, the Beat the Clock guy needs to train more—he's really slow.  Smile

By the way, apart from the two things above, I like the course and material.
Just use the textbook; all the quizzes and final are based on that.
I had the worst time trying to get Straighterline to load. I was using Chrome and an ad block. Turning off the ad block seemed to help a little, but not by much. Try using a different browser and see if that helps.
SL interactive platform works definitely better with Firefox.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 524 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 175 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,450 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 333 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 323 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 711 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 437 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 635 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Study.com - any trick to moving quickly through course material? chicagohh 8 1,325 08-28-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,169 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore