Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StraighterLine: Intro to Criminal Justice ***Expired***
Hi all, anyone who's thinking about taking this course should know that it expired 9-30-17.  I wish I had known before I signed up to take it.  My month doesn't end until tomorrow, but I took the Final exam yesterday, and lo and behold, I cannot transfer it to my ACE transcript because they said it was expired.  Great.

Just a heads up.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
I would check in a few days, they usually are working with ACE a couple of months before it expires, and they usually would renew it. The only exceptions were because not many people were taking the courses, they removed it altogether... I forget which ones. Fingers crossed bro!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have the same problem. I completed on 10/5 but it says expired on 9/30. I wrote an email to ACE and submitted with a 9/30 completion date. Let's see what happens. I'm sure its probably a mistake.
(10-09-2017, 05:27 PM)tekplay99 Wrote: I have the same problem. I completed on 10/5 but it says expired on 9/30. I wrote an email to ACE and submitted with a 9/30 completion date. Let's see what happens. I'm sure its probably a mistake.

My guess as to what is going to happen?

Denied by Organization on 10/09/2017 
Reason: The completion date entered is incorrect

Guess how I know...
This is starting to get frustrating. I took a bunch of straighterliner courses but was going to take the final exams this week(passing the 70% mark). I had this happen with the aleks courses as well. 

So if you take a course today it might be expired tomorrow ?
(10-10-2017, 03:46 AM)shendaddy Wrote: This is starting to get frustrating. I took a bunch of straighterliner courses but was going to take the final exams this week(passing the 70% mark). I had this happen with the aleks courses as well. 

So if you take a course today it might be expired tomorrow ?

No. ACE approval tends to expire on the last day of a given month, if it is going to expire. Most SL courses are still approved, but the less popular ones are often let alone without being put through approval again. It's basic economics, but they should be more clear about it.

To avoid this, just check the ACENET listing. If the course says it is expired, don't take it. If it will expire this month, take it only if you can finish it in time. If it has more time, just make sure you get credit before the expiration date.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(10-10-2017, 08:48 AM)Thorne Wrote: To avoid this, just check the ACENET listing. If the course says it is expired, don't take it. If it will expire this month, take it only if you can finish it in time. If it has more time, just make sure you get credit before the expiration date.

I just hate the false advertising of this thing. 

Now...I've taken multiple courses with StraighterLine, without issue, BUT....things change.  With that said, I do hope that this is just a hiccup, and that they fix this swiftly.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
(10-10-2017, 09:37 AM)Toastmaster Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 08:48 AM)Thorne Wrote: To avoid this, just check the ACENET listing. If the course says it is expired, don't take it. If it will expire this month, take it only if you can finish it in time. If it has more time, just make sure you get credit before the expiration date.

I just hate the false advertising of this thing. 

Now...I've taken multiple courses with StraighterLine, without issue, BUT....things change.  With that said, I do hope that this is just a hiccup, and that they fix this swiftly.
Oh, I'm with you. I was more responding to the idea that a course will just be invalid tomorrow out of the blue.

If I were you, I'd contact SL with my gripe and explain that they sold it to you on a "For Credit" basis. Then point them to this link: https://www.straighterline.com/online-co...l-justice/

The link still says it is worth 3 college credits, which is not possible without ACE evaluation. At the very least, you should be able to get a refund. Obviously not ideal, but better than losing time+money.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • Toastmaster
Courses don't expire out of the blue - they are listed on the ACE website with their expiration dates.

This is a SL issue, and you need to contact them and ask them what the status of the course is. If it's not going through a renewal process, then they owe you your money back (course and membership) because their website states their courses are all college credit (as opposed to Study.com, which has both ACE/NCCRS-approved courses and non-credit courses - you have to check each course before you take it to see if it's a credit-bearing course or not.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For what it's worth, I called SL and asked about it, they said the course is in the process of getting renewed and if it doesn't show up in the next 24-48 hours to call back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 93 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,686 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 369 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 666 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,122 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 606 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore