Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StraighterLine Science Lab - Anyone?
Hi, anyone taking a science course lab? I have taken almost all their sciences, but have not taken a lab course.

I am looking for someone to take the lab course with in regards to getting a science lab credit on my transcript.

I am looking at Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, or A&P I or II... I am looking to sign up before the coupon expires.

StraighterLine has a coupon right now is $50 off in the coupon thread until the end of August 31, 2018.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
I have 2 sons starting Bio lab tomorrow! Not sure how I can help, but I'm happy to try.
That's awesome you got the SL coupon! I am going to use it for a Science Lab. I've taken all the sciences I mentioned in the previous post, but haven't taken a lab. I am wondering if the following is too much to ask - on the SL website, it mentioned to purchase extra materials in addition to the kit.

I am thinking of purchasing a "homemade" kit or make one myself, and then do the experiments/lab tests as required. I would like to "share" your lab kit or if at all possible, share your findings. I don't need your write-ups, just the numbers and a screenshot of your SL Science Lab Kit#. This should save me a bit of cash for the labs. Below is what SL website says:

This course utilizes custom lab kit from eScience Labs which costs $79 plus shipping. Click the kit code [kit1585] to purchase from eScience Labs. Purchasing the correct kit is essential to your success in the course.

NOTE - This course is now utilizing an updated kit from eScienceLabs, so please be sure to have purchased kit1585 to ensure proper alignment between your lab materials and the course content.

In order to save money for our students we have worked with ESL to eliminate certain household items which added to a much higher cost of standard kit. You will need to furnish the items below to complete the labs. Each item can be found at most grocery stores or in your pantry. Download the list.

Lab 2:
Aluminum foil
4 gelatin packets (unflavored)
Bowl
2 resealable bags (clear)
Household items that can represent cell structures (please see the course for examples)
Lab 3:
Paper towels
Scissors
Sunny location
Water
Lab 4:
Cutting board
Kitchen knife
Light source
Pencil
Quarter
Scissors
Spinach leaves (fresh)
Tape
Water
Lab 6
Pen or pencil
Scissors
Ethanol (must freeze for at least 60 minutes)
Lab 8
Access to a printer
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
You have to buy the kit- I just bought it (add $20 shipping!) but if you know anyone local to you, you can save money by SHARING a lab kit. SL offers a "group lab form" that you fill out and it allows you to both enter the same photos on your reports, and register under the same lab kit number. You can register up to 3 people per lab kit.

Membership (with coupon) $49 per person
Lab class (with coupon) $0
Lab kit ($79 + $20) $100 for 2 people

So, I've paid only $200 for both my sons to do this- $100 each! (plus, not for college credit, but my 8th grader is doing these labs along with them as part of his 8th grade homeschool biology course)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,585 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 365 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 539 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 664 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 579 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore