Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline ebooks worth it?
I'm thinking of buying the ebook for western civilization 1. Have any of you bought one before? Are you able to use the search function to find words? Can you copy words and paste them into a word document for note taking? Finally, are there any other places on the web I can purchases an ebook rather than pay full price on straighterline?

Thansk!
There are lots of places you can buy ebooks. Amazon Barnes and Noble or just to do a Google search for the ISBN number or title followed by eBook
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
Chegg is another popular place to get books. You can buy used/new books and rent them. But you also get use of the e-book for 7 days when you rent from them. Depending on the SL course you could possibly finish before the time expires.
AMU: 39 Gen Ed credits
Military ACE credits: 24 Gen Ed/GMS/Bus/Free credits
Clep: College Mathmatics 67 , Prin of Management 65 , College Algebra 56 , Anal & Interpreting Lit 65
DSST: Intro to Computing 452 , Prin of Supervision 446 , Management Information Systems 437 , Human Resource Mgmt 68 , Organization Behavior 63
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra , Pre-Calculus
Straighterline: Accounting I , Accounting II , Finiancial Accounting , Business Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
PF: Financial Management , Strategic Management
Saylor: Marketing
TECEP: Advertising
TESC: APS-401 Current Trends & Applications
Depending on the publisher or where you buy the ebook, you are able to utilize the (Ctrl F) search function and copy or print some pages for later use. Should you need SL's World Religion, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics, and few other texts for TECEPS, I will be more than glad to share the pdf books with you.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Amazon, Kno.com, and Coursesmart.com all rent ebooks at a discount to purchasing them. You may have to check several places before you find what you want.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Saharapost Wrote:Depending on the publisher or where you buy the ebook, you are able to utilize the (Ctrl F) search function and copy or print some pages for later use. Should you need SL's World Religion, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics, and few other texts for TECEPS, I will be more than glad to share the pdf books with you.

If you can share those PDFs, I would be MORE than grateful. About to start World Religions with Business Ethics hopefully shortly after. Could possibly use the others as well. Haven't decided what to take after those two.
I have been considering buying the ebook from SL for the exact same course as I can't find that ebook anywhere else, also for Western Civilisation 2 .... I checked everywhere last week, chegg etc and simply couldn't find the ebook anywhere apart from SL .... maybe we should have an area for downloadable ebooks on here?? however, I'm sure someone will jump all over me for suggesting such a thing
Even a thread for the links to cheaper ebooks for specific courses would be good Smile

fozzyred Wrote:If you can share those PDFs, I would be MORE than grateful. About to start World Religions with Business Ethics hopefully shortly after. Could possibly use the others as well. Haven't decided what to take after those two.

No problem, PM me your email and I'll send you a link to my Google Drive where you can download them.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
thanks guys. I need western civilization 1 and looks like coursesmart is the cheapest at $50. Thought I could find it cheaper.
Is the SL World Religion still available? I wish to purchase the course on SL this coming Wed. If the ebook is still available I would really be thankful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 833 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Is an Ivy Education Worth It? Imbanewbie 2 583 05-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,184 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 680 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,122 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is it worth getting a BA degree after getting a BS degree? nomaduser 5 824 12-23-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Is Double Majoring Worth It? LevelUP 8 921 09-13-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Tableau Certification; is it worth it? ifomonay 1 633 07-16-2022, 11:05 PM
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,083 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 39 4,782 04-05-2022, 02:23 AM
Last Post: mahaganapati