Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline platform changing to Acrobatiq courses
I know I'm late to the party. But, I'm curious to know if you took the Intro to Stats course on Straighterline? I need a Stats course, and I'm not sure if I should go for Business Stats or Intro to Stats. If you took them both, did you have a preference? Also, I'm not familiar with Acrobatiq. Is it like Aleks? I love the Aleks platform & if this Stats course is anything like Aleks, then sign me up!

Thanks for the updates!
(09-27-2017, 12:56 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: I know I'm late to the party.  But, I'm curious to know if you took the Intro to Stats course on Straighterline?  I need a Stats course, and I'm not sure if I should go for Business Stats or Intro to Stats.  If you took them both, did you have a preference?  Also, I'm not familiar with Acrobatiq.  Is it like Aleks?  I love the Aleks platform & if this Stats course is anything like Aleks, then sign me up!  

Thanks for the updates!
Is it 50 or 70 questions on the final? I asked the chat on SL but they said either 50 or 70 as it is acrobatiq and could not view it like the other ones. I am taking final exam of Survey of world history this week. Overall I will need to answer 11.2% correctly to pass but I always like to know based on how many questions.
SL's Acrobatiq macroeconomics course was the first course I took towards my degree. It was full of mistakes with the questions and answers. I was only about a quarter through it and said F%$% it and told them I wanted them to switch me to another course. They wasted a bunch of my time, and so I listed out a number of the mistakes in the course. They then realized it was shit and did what I asked. As far as I know they promptly switched back to the old-style (non-acrobatiq) macro course. This was back at the start of January.
Not only are these acrobatiq courses more expensive, they also don't use a real textbook. That to me is the only good thing about SL, the nice big real textbooks. That's why I like their history courses, because the textbooks are awesome.
If this is the path they're on, I'm not a fan.
(08-11-2020, 06:16 PM)ARhead Wrote: SL's  Acrobatiq macroeconomics course was the first course I took towards my degree. It was full of mistakes with the questions and answers. I was only about a quarter through it and said F%$% it and told them I wanted them to switch me to another course. They wasted a bunch of my time, and so I listed out a number of the mistakes in the course. They then realized it was shit and did what I asked. As far as I know they promptly switched back to the old-style (non-acrobatiq) macro course. This was back at the start of January.
Not only are these acrobatiq courses more expensive, they also don't use a real textbook. That to me is the only good thing about SL, the nice big real textbooks. That's why I like their history courses, because the textbooks are awesome.
If this is the path they're on, I'm not a fan.
If the final for Survey of world History follows the same pattern as the other SL courses, the questions should be drawn from the same exam pool as the rest of the questions throughout the course. Since it is a weighted grade it should be fine. It is the last LL course I need to take. The rest is all UL courses on SDC and then I am done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 78 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 991 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 708 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 531 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 186 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,304 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,904 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 344 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 345 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM