Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline textbooks!?!?!
hey guys, I'm looking to start taking a few straighterline courses but I'm just blown away by the price of the text/ebooks I can't afford to get those books for that much money is there any alternatives?
I apologize if I sound stingy, but as of right now I can only really afford the price of the course plus the membership money is tight at the moment.
also are there any textbooks for study.com or is it all through the site?
SL has expensive electronic textbooks, but you can also usually buy the real books online for cheap (they are older versions as far as I can see). I bought the Microecon book for $4 off of Amazon Used books. It's the exact same one as the online version. There are other places to buy used textbooks, but since I have Amazon prime with free shipping, this is my go-to for book buying. They also have book rentals for great prices. They ship it to you, you need to keep the box, and then after 4 months you sent it back with their free shipping label. It's a great deal.

With the business courses, the online textbook is included for $10 which is great.

For Study.com, there is no textbook to buy which makes this a great all-in-one option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Seiph1358 Wrote:hey guys, I'm looking to start taking a few straighterline courses but I'm just blown away by the price of the text/ebooks I can't afford to get those books for that much money is there any alternatives?
I apologize if I sound stingy, but as of right now I can only really afford the price of the course plus the membership money is tight at the moment.
also are there any textbooks for study.com or is it all through the site?

Yes find the books online is the better way, I just got the Intro to Comm book off amazon for 15$ instead of the like 88$ price on SL. Once I'm done with it I will post a thread and give it away and hope that people on the forum just keep recycling these books to keep our costs down even more.

Study.com is technically cheaper if you toss in a 3rd course because you need no text books which is great. Soon as I get the money ready I want to finish up all 4 SL classes I need and then ACE credits will be done for me.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I bought my textbooks only also. It was only about $27 dollars for all three books I needed. I would definitely recommend this option, they usually don't use the newest versions so they are cheap.
Not soliciting, but just offering- my sons finished Anthropology. I have the ebook and textbook, message me if you'd like both for $15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 76 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 531 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 186 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,299 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 344 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 344 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 725 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 440 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 649 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,187 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore