Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline website slow for others?
I have always noticed it lags a bit more than most other sites, but even with a very high speed internet connection (tested), things with SL appear to have been even slower recently. Anyone else?
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science
There are times in the day Straighterline due to traffic definitely has slower load times. Two options that helped me not to get frustrated was to step away from Straighterline all together and circle back in a later hour. Weekends tended to be a little slower and one would imagine many adult workers trying to cram in some time on their off days.

Overall, the load times considering the volume of courses in play loaded at a respectable pace. Chrome Browser for me seemed to be the best option for the modules and exams.

Good luck with the remaining courses through StraighterLine.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
The slow SL download speeds impacts more than just the reading portion but also the test. For example an open book test utilizing their ebook.

Let's take Anatomy which has a TON of diagrams. In fact there are multiple diagrams on just about every page, and of course the chapter tests refer to these diagrams (18 tests in all). There is no conceivable way for someone to memorize every label on each of the diagrams so referring to the ebook is required-thus open book. And yet the website takes so long regardless of the time of day to load each page one could easily run out of time. Anatomy only provides 2 minutes per question.

EDIT: So I started utilizing the Vitalsource option to download the ebooks directly to my PC, far faster than using the book online. I highly recommend this method.
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
84/120 Credits

In progress
Agree on the exams. I had a few exams with slow load times throughout and just closed out the exam (life is too great to get frustrated). Straighterline had zero issues resetting the finals for another attempt. This really helped me not to get caught up on small hurdles knowing Straighterline was always open to make it right.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Agree on the exams. I had a few exams with slow load times throughout and just closed out the exam (life is too great to get frustrated). Straighterline had zero issues resetting the finals for another attempt. This really helped me not to get caught up on small hurdles knowing Straighterline was always open to make it right.

Good to know they are flexible. Thank you
Straighterline
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
84/120 Credits

In progress
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Agree on the exams. I had a few exams with slow load times throughout and just closed out the exam (life is too great to get frustrated). Straighterline had zero issues resetting the finals for another attempt. This really helped me not to get caught up on small hurdles knowing Straighterline was always open to make it right.

Have had this happen to me alot too! Today I was in the middle of my third graded exam in PreCalculus and my internet cut out but the timer kept rolling. In my experience you don't get that time back and with math I needed the lost time! The internet quit when the timer was at 45:00 and came on at 28:00. I called SL just as the internet came on but they went ahead reset my test. The test was a different one than what I had been working on previously but I was grateful for the restart!
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

We have 2 computer attached via ethernet that do very well with SL. However, we have 2 other computers that are attached wirelessly that don't do nearly as well on exams but are fine on most other websites. We started only using the wired computers for exams and have been fine. We are also using Chrome.
So I requested for a retake of my quiz which was hindered with their slow site, they agreed and I was able to pull in a high 90's score. Smile I also switched to dual monitors, one with the downloaded ebook for easier access and searching. So far it has worked well today. Learning process I suppose.
Straighterline
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
84/120 Credits

In progress

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 83 04-23-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 534 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 188 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,363 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 346 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 346 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 729 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 717 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 444 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 652 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM