Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Advanced Accounting VS Applied Managerial Accounting
Hi Ya'all...

I am finishing up with Intermediate Accounting II and am thinking of doing Advanced Accounting I with Study.com, but also see they have Applied Managerial Accounting.  They both go into TESU and is for my BSBA - and my Accounting Cert, but I just need one of them.   

I am leaning towards Advanced Accounting - It transfers as TESU 401 - Advanced Accounting I.  Applied Managerial Accounting goes to TESU as 301 - Managerial Accounting and may be easier.  There's not much difference in the number of lessons/exams.

For those who have taken these, which course would you choose to recommend?  I took 4 accounting courses from StraighterLine before and taking Intermediate Accounting II with Study.com, there are differences in style and info.  

For SL, I had a higher grade in Financial accounting (91%) than I did Managerial accounting (79%).  For SL Accounting I/II, I had 93%/89% respectively.   I just need this one course to complete my BSBA GM AOS and Accounting Certificate.

Thank you!
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(06-22-2018, 05:37 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hi Ya'all...

I am finishing up with Intermediate Accounting II and am thinking of doing Advanced Accounting I with Study.com, but also see they have Applied Managerial Accounting.  They both go into TESU and is for my BSBA - and my Accounting Cert, but I just need one of them.   

I am leaning towards Advanced Accounting - It transfers as TESU 401 - Advanced Accounting I.  Applied Managerial Accounting goes to TESU as 301 - Managerial Accounting and may be easier.  There's not much difference in the number of lessons/exams.

For those who have taken these, which course would you choose to recommend?  I took 4 accounting courses from StraighterLine before and taking Intermediate Accounting II with Study.com, there are differences in style and info.  

For SL, I had a higher grade in Financial accounting (91%) than I did Managerial accounting (79%).  For SL Accounting I/II, I had 93%/89% respectively.   I just need this one course to complete my BSBA GM AOS and Accounting Certificate.

Thank you!
I took Applied Managerial Accounting through SDC and it was not terrible. The lessons were really easy. The two projects were kinda a pain in the butt due to their ambiguous wording and directions, but they can be  completed. I would most likely go with the applied managerial accounting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 4 96 2 hours ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,437 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,618 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,131 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 4,355 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 367 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,911 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 423 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch