Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com CLEP Prep?
I just finished the Modern States course for the American Literature CLEP and I'm not any more confident that I'll pass, honestly.

I got subscribed to InstantCert but I'm not quite sure I feel it'll be that effective on its own for this particular subject.

Have many of you used Study.com's CLEP prep courses?

What membership do I need to access the full course if my college accelerator membership is expiring?
(05-31-2018, 06:50 PM)leland.kirk Wrote: I just finished the Modern States course for the American Literature CLEP and I'm not any more confident that I'll pass, honestly.

I got subscribed to InstantCert but I'm not quite sure I feel it'll be that effective on its own for this particular subject.

Have many of you used Study.com's CLEP prep courses?

What membership do I need to access the full course if my college accelerator membership is expiring?

AmLit is a tough CLEP. I studied more for it than any of the other CLEPs I took and still got a 58. That's not saying much though, as I only studied for 10-15 hours. Capitan Cram's audiobook on the subject is excellent. Use your free trial with Audible to get it for free (just make sure to cancel before the subscription renews). I listened to this 2-3 times while commuting and doing housework. The IC flashcards give you a good idea of which periods you need to study more. The Idiots Guide was also good. Keep in mind that half of the test is Analyzing and Interpreting literature. Make sure you understand how to analyze a poem. The thread on the IC board has alot of good information on it as well. The study guides on there were great. Ignore the study guide that has a summary of the books, as the same information is covered in Captain Cram.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alexf.1990's post:
  • leland.kirk
(06-04-2018, 06:55 PM)alexf.1990 Wrote: AmLit is a tough CLEP. I studied more for it than any of the other CLEPs I took and still got a 58. That's not saying much though, as I only studied for 10-15 hours. Capitan Cram's audiobook on the subject is excellent. Use your free trial with Audible to get it for free (just make sure to cancel before the subscription renews). I listened to this 2-3 times while commuting and doing housework. The IC flashcards give you a good idea of which periods you need to study more. The Idiots Guide was also good. Keep in mind that half of the test is Analyzing and Interpreting literature. Make sure you understand how to analyze a poem. The thread on the IC board has alot of good information on it as well. The study guides on there were great. Ignore the study guide that has a summary of the books, as the same information is covered in Captain Cram.

Thank you!

I just started listening to Captain Cram (downloaded from Audible and converted to mp3 via inAudible so I'm not forced to use the Audible app) and it's actually more entertaining than I thought it would be! Not saying I'd give it a leisurely listen, but definitely worth it as a study tool already. Plus I temporarily uninstalled my music streaming services.

I feel like IC flashcards are great for history stuff, but I wasn't loving it for American lit. and I'm not 100% sure why.

I'm hoping that since I'm used to Study.com's quizzes and practice tests, they'll at least help enough to keep me on track.

Were there any curveballs or things you didn't expect on the actual test?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 5 131 1 hour ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,476 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,630 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,279 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 763 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 370 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,041 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,915 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle