Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com & COSC (Charter Oak) Upper Level Courses
If a study.com course is "equivalent" to a 300 or 400 level course at COSC (Charter Oak), will COSC consider it upper level? 
For example, Education 210 at Study.com is "equivalent" to COSC EDT 310
Does this imply that COSC will accept it as upper level?
If not, does anyone know which Study.com courses are upper level at COSC?
That's correct, any course from Study.com that transfers to COSC as a 300/400 level course is considered upper level.
So, find all the UL courses you need for your degree by taking as many 300/400 level transfer courses from Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just be aware that there are some courses numbered 3XX at Study.com that ACE recommended as LL, so you want to check first.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sometimes COSC course equivalency lists can be very misleading in this way. They may give the course that is equivalent at COSC which is upper level, but no, this does not necessarily mean that the course will transfer as upper level. As dfrecore stated, you have to check with COSC to be sure (unless it is specifically spelled out such as with "Business 312: Advanced Operations Management Charter Oak State College: (Business Elective (Upper Level))."
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Yeah, it seems like a good idea to check. This may be an anomaly, but one 3XX Study.com course I asked COSC about is ACE-recommended as UL, but it would still transfer in as LL. At least that’s what COSC told me via email last month:

“Business 324: Managerial Communication – transfers as lower level credit despite ACE credit recommendation. Counts toward the BSBA degree as non-liberal, free elective credit.”

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(08-31-2018, 06:41 PM)kietro Wrote: Yeah, it seems like a good idea to check. This may be an anomaly, but one 3XX Study.com course I asked COSC about is ACE-recommended as UL, but it would still transfer in as LL. At least that’s what COSC told me via email last month:

“Business 324: Managerial Communication – transfers as lower level credit despite ACE credit recommendation.  Counts toward the BSBA degree as non-liberal, free elective credit.”

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Thanks to everyone for the info.  At least with the master exam list, I can see which exams are upper level.
The list I'm working off of for my son is this one: https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

I hate that I can't open all the drop down menus at once, but if you click one at a time, you can get into the COSC Course Code and Name.

I'm basing our course selection off of this list, which COSC told me was accurate, and I'm picking only courses that specifically SAY THE WORDS upper level - I'm not trusting course numbers.
(09-01-2018, 03:12 PM)cookderosa Wrote: The list I'm working off of for my son is this one:  https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

I hate that I can't open all the drop down menus at once, but if you click one at a time, you can get into the COSC Course Code and Name.

I'm basing our course selection off of this list, which COSC told me was accurate, and I'm picking only courses that specifically SAY THE WORDS upper level - I'm not trusting course numbers.

Thanks for your advice. Just to confirm, I can only find 2 courses on Study.com that actually say the words "upper level" (Business 312 and English 305).
(09-01-2018, 06:43 PM)nosey561 Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 03:12 PM)cookderosa Wrote: The list I'm working off of for my son is this one:  https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

Thanks for your advice. Just to confirm, I can only find 2 courses on Study.com that actually say the words "upper level" (Business 312 and English 305).

Those are the 2 I have on my list too. The rest I'll send in an email to COSC, but I've not done that yet since my son hasn't paid his deposit or enrolled in his capstone so we are still in the admissions category. I hope to have a good list by mid-October.
COSC has a few more UL as per their transfer tab on Study.com, however; you should email them to verify or get pre-approval.
What degree are you going for a BALS, a BSBA? If you want to go for some UL Business Courses, there are a few. Do you want to take NCCRS courses?

Davar Academy also has some that transfer in as UL, and StraighterLine has two: Business Ethics and Organizational Behavior (even though the transfer guide and ACE recommend them as lower-level). Again, before you take the courses, you want to review the transfer guides, AND ask the school to pre-approve and confirm that they transfer as intended.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 844 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 677 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,266 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,581 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,014 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 723 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,629 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat