Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for
So I have not been a major user of Saylor courses for credit, and only recently began messing around with the system. Since I was currently using the material to study for a TECEP I thought I would just begin taking quizzes in a business course I know I might be strong in. It seems that after each quiz I get a set of questions with what is wrong or right, and I can print those answers out for study later.

So my general question is if one uses the answers from each quiz, and after getting 75%-85% on each quiz would you consider this enough to pass the proctored quiz for $5?

Also,  these courses seem to be a good fit for general management, and I was wondering what degree people have successfully used them for in the past.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Depending on the course, I would generally recommend at least 80-90% on the free certificate exam in order to have a hope of getting 70% to pass the $5 proctored exam. If you're only getting 75%, that may not be enough to pass the proctored exam. The proctored exam is usually more difficult and you'll score much lower than you did in the certificate exam.

As for what degree they're good for, that depends. Some of them would be good for business degrees, but software engineering may be good for a comp sci degree. Depends a lot on the school, though. You can see reported equivalencies here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Saylor_Academy
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
For $5, I recommend just taking the final exam and seeing how you do; if you pass, you've wasted zero time studying and spent $1.67/cr. If you don't pass, you then have a decent idea of what the exam is about, and can study accordingly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The bulk of their course exams are general education, liberal arts and business, at the lower level. There are only a few exams that are upper level, it really depends what degree you're planning to get with these credits, for lower level and upper level they're worth taking a crack at the exam for just $5.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-17-2022, 08:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote: For $5, I recommend just taking the final exam and seeing how you do; if you pass, you've wasted zero time studying and spent $1.67/cr.  If you don't pass, you then have a decent idea of what the exam is about, and can study accordingly.

I agree $5 is not much to pay.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,480 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue