Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Human Resources 101 vs. Strategic Human Resources Management
Hey folks!

I need to take one of the above classes for my BSBA and I'm trying to figure out the difference between them. I looked at the Syllabus's of both, as well as the course breakdowns, and the Strategic seems to be more theory heavy, and the Intro seems to be more down to earth and practical.

As a person considering becoming an entrepreneur in the future, which class do you guys think would be more appropriate for a small business? They seem to both "hit the mark" in general, but the Intro class is half the size of the Strategic and doesn't have a project LOL!

I just want to make sure I don't miss anything practical if I choose the Intro class. Hope I was clear, it's super late here. Thanks for your thoughts!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
If you are talking about this course - Human Resources 101: Intro to Human Resources Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com - This isn't ACE Recommended so don't take that one.
You can take : Business 106: Human Resource Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU and no project. Comes in as MAN-331.
Or
You can take : Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU w/ project but comes in with a HRM-362 code. Not sure if that will effect your plan.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Yes, make sure you're taking an ACE-recommended course.

First, I'm assuming that you're getting your degree through TESU? If so, then I personally would take the BUS 106: HRM course, since it's not project-based - all quizzes and the final. Easier and faster to complete. And since they're both UL courses (at TESU), it makes sense to do the one that's faster/easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the heads up Synicaal!!! I thought the HR 101 looked different from the last time I was checking it out. Appreciate it!

Synicaal Wrote:If you are talking about this course - Human Resources 101: Intro to Human Resources Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com - This isn't ACE Recommended so don't take that one.
You can take : Business 106: Human Resource Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU and no project. Comes in as MAN-331.
Or
You can take : Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU w/ project but comes in with a HRM-362 code. Not sure if that will effect your plan.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

Yep, TESU BSBA Gen Management's the goal! Thanks!

dfrecore Wrote:Yes, make sure you're taking an ACE-recommended course.

First, I'm assuming that you're getting your degree through TESU? If so, then I personally would take the BUS 106: HRM course, since it's not project-based - all quizzes and the final. Easier and faster to complete. And since they're both UL courses (at TESU), it makes sense to do the one that's faster/easier.

GO with HRM 106 easy course, no project, final exam was easy.
Thanks!!!!

Synicaal Wrote:If you are talking about this course - Human Resources 101: Intro to Human Resources Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com - This isn't ACE Recommended so don't take that one.
Or

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,361 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 606 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 251 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue