Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Project Grade Turn Around Time?
Hello All,

Anyone with experience with Study.com's Project Grading turn around time. I just submitted my final project for Accounting 302 : Advanced Accounting I , hoping for it to be graded by 12/3 but I won't hold my breath. I am planning on taking the Final on 12/3 when an exam comes available, basically checking to see what people are seeing for grading times on the projects???
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I submitted a paper and received a grade 4 days later, my video/speech I had a grade the next day.
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

Anyone with experience with Study.com's Project Grading turn around time. I just submitted my final project for Accounting 302 : Advanced Accounting I , hoping for it to be graded by 12/3 but I won't hold my breath. I am planning on taking the Final on 12/3 when an exam comes available, basically checking to see what people are seeing for grading times on the projects???

Graded in about 36 hours, just got the e-mail with the grade - 85/100!!!

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:Graded in about 36 hours, just got the e-mail with the grade - 85/100!!!

Fantastic! My son turned in paper 1 of 4 papers for Global Business this afternoon. Hoping he does that well - one thing I regret about the homeschooling we did is that I let him get away with writing as little as possible because he hates it so much - now he's struggling, but this will be good experience for him, having to do 4 papers in 2 weeks for this course!
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Does anyone know if you have to submit all of your projects before they will grade any of them? I submitted an essay (1 of 3) about a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Does anyone know if you have to submit all of your projects before they will grade any of them? I submitted an essay (1 of 3) about a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

No, they will grade them one by one, but the time to grade papers seems quite variable - my older son took a few courses in December and got papers back within a few days, while my younger son submitted a paper for composition a week ago and has not gotten a grade yet.

One thing I did not know, which a study.com rep just told me, is that you can resubmit papers for a higher score after you take the final if you want a higher grade. I think they said you have 2 weeks post-final exam to resubmit papers.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I just got my grades back for everything I have submitted today. So it took a little over a week for the first three for College Comp I and just a couple days for the two that I did on College Composition II.

If I'm doing the math correctly I have over 210 points already so I wouldn't need any more points from my third essay. However I'm wondering if I still have to put a decent effort in so that they don't say it's "unacceptable" and then it maybe won't even count as a third essay? Not to be lazy but I don't really want to put in hours on an essay if I already have enough points on a course.
I have noticed on Globalization and International Management they seemed to "wait" to see if I was submitting anymore projects before they graded them. I submitted Case Study 1 on lets say Monday. Then Case Study Tuesday. Didn't hear anything by the weekend so I figured I would submit Case Study 3 over the weekend while I had time (I really was hoping they graded the first two so I could see if I was giving them what they wanted). On Monday I got the grades for 1 and 2, then the following day got the results for 3. Submitted Case Study 4 on Tuesday and they graded it on Wednesday. So it looked like they may "hold" them for a couple days before they touch them thinking you might be submitting more. Maybe just my thoughts and how it looks to me but I figured I'd share.

gremlinbrawler Wrote:I just got my grades back for everything I have submitted today. So it took a little over a week for the first three for College Comp I and just a couple days for the two that I did on College Composition II.

If I'm doing the math correctly I have over 210 points already so I wouldn't need any more points from my third essay. However I'm wondering if I still have to put a decent effort in so that they don't say it's "unacceptable" and then it maybe won't even count as a third essay? Not to be lazy but I don't really want to put in hours on an essay if I already have enough points on a course.

My son got his composition essay back this morning as well. Perhaps they do most of their grading over the weekend and submit on Monday?

Have you already taken the final? On my son's Study.com courses it was impossible to accrue enough points to pass without taking the final. Even if you get a perfect score on every quiz and essay, you'd still only have 200/300 points.

rowan555 Wrote:My son got his composition essay back this morning as well. Perhaps they do most of their grading over the weekend and submit on Monday?

Have you already taken the final? On my son's Study.com courses it was impossible to accrue enough points to pass without taking the final. Even if you get a perfect score on every quiz and essay, you'd still only have 200/300 points.

Yeah I have taken the final and I did pretty well on it so I have 215 points right now. I guess I'll just do a quick sloppy essay for the last one and hope they accept it.

I actually sent a message to Study.com asking them if I can FAIL an essay rendering it invalid even if I have enough points from everything else and they haven't replied haha. I figured I might as well be frank.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,342 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,596 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,433 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 742 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 360 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 587 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 311 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM