Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about SDC's English courses and TESU
Hey guys, 
TESU will stop accepting English composition 1 and 2 transfer from Study.com on April 1st. My question is very specific: Can I take the courses right now and transfer them to ACE before April 1st and then transfer them to TESU later this year? Or do I have to transfer them to TESU before April 1st? 
Thanks.
FYI, TESU accepts transcripts directly from StraighterLine/Study.com and all NCCRS providers that they have provisionally approved or on their approved provider listing directory. These transcripts are free from SL/Study.com and from NCCRS providers as NCCRS doesn't have a credit banking system like ACE does. All other ACE providers, you need add/send it into the ACE registry and pay $20 for the first and $15 for subsequent transcripts to have it sent electronically to TESU.

I am confused, I'm not sure why you want to wait for later this year to send it in... Basically, for those who have this pre-planned for their degree at TESU, then I suggest you do the course(s) right away - meaning all the quizzes/final exams, and save the assignments for grading. I think the courses look at the completion date of the final exam and not when you last sent in your assignments for grading.

Transfer it to ACE right away. As long as ACE has it showing an earlier date than April 1, 2020 - you can transfer these into TESU, after that date but make sure you email TESU and inform them beforehand and see if that is an option to be on the safe side. Again, you need this done and in ACE before April 1st. Again, you can send it to TESU free directly from Study.com, why wait until later this year?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would say that you should send them in right away - you never know when they're going to stop accepting them (even if taken before the deadline).

Also, you should enroll at TESU early anyway, to lock in your catalog. This is critical with TESU. A lot of changes they've made in the past dealt with how they would accept things for enrolled students - students who were sitting on the sidelines were kind of screwed. There is no downside to enrolling in TESU, so do it NOW! Then, get your courses onto that eval ASAP. Once it's there, you are good to go. The only cost going forward is to take a course or TECEP once a year, but those count for credit anyway, so there's no downside. Also, you'll save money by not having to pay for transcripts from places like CLEP, DSST, etc. You can send scores directly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • davewill
Thanks for the responses, guys. The reason why I can't send them straight away to TESU now is because I'm still in the enrollment process which might take a while if they ask me to do TOEFL. I assume there's no use of sending transcripts to TESU If I am not enrolled yet, right?
(03-15-2020, 01:38 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I would say that you should send them in right away - you never know when they're going to stop accepting them (even if taken before the deadline).

Also, you should enroll at TESU early anyway, to lock in your catalog.  This is critical with TESU.  A lot of changes they've made in the past dealt with how they would accept things for enrolled students - students who were sitting on the sidelines were kind of screwed.  There is no downside to enrolling in TESU, so do it NOW!  Then, get your courses onto that eval ASAP.  Once it's there, you are good to go.  The only cost going forward is to take a course or TECEP once a year, but those count for credit anyway, so there's no downside.  Also, you'll save money by not having to pay for transcripts from places like CLEP, DSST, etc.  You can send scores directly.

I spoke to a rep at SDC and an advisor at TESU and they both said that as long as the course was completed prior to April 1, TESU would accept. TESU did say it would be prudent to let them know sooner rather than later if the course was completed but transcripts were planned to be sent after the April 1 deadline.  Not sure why that would matter and the person I spoke with couldn't say why either but this is what she suggested.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh