Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com billing
Somehow I can manage college math but cannot figure out Study.com billing.

I have three courses remaining, and I've been using the $59.99 Premium plan to get ready for them. Two classes have written assignments and they are completed, ready to submit. Quizzes for all three classes are done. 

The current billing cycle is up on December 22. When is the optimal time to upgrade to College Accelerator class? Once upgraded, I would immediately submit my two written assignments, and then take the two "free" tests and the third one for $70. Is there any benefit to upgrading right now? The FAQs below appear to contradict themselves (or I am dense). 

Thanks in advance,
Mark

https://support.study.com/support/soluti...rship-plan-
Your account will be billed immediately for the full amount of the new plan and your billing date cycle will change to 30 days from the day the upgrade or downgrade is made.  Any prorated difference of what you have already paid (this billing period) will be deducted from your next month’s Study.com membership fee. 

https://support.study.com/support/soluti...membership-
If you’re upgrading your plan mid-billing cycle to a more expensive option, your account will be billed immediately for the prorated difference of what you have already paid (this billing period) with the number of days left in your billing cycle.
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
If you upgrade now, they will prorate the remaining time you have on your $60 plan toward your $200 Accelerator plan. So no reason to wait.
[-] The following 2 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • ClockworkHammer, TwinMom
(12-09-2021, 03:46 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: If you upgrade now, they will prorate the remaining time you have on your $60 plan toward your $200 Accelerator plan.  So no reason to wait.

Thanks so much!!
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
Your math doesn't add up.

Doing the premium plan at $60 per month for any length of time will cost you more money than the college accelerator plan. 

You needed to start with the college accelerator plan which is still on sale for $140 for the first 3 months.  I'm not sure when this sale expires.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-09-2021, 05:53 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You needed to start with the college accelerator plan which is still on sale for $140 for the first 3 months.  I'm not sure when this sale expires.

Where can I find this sale/discount?

Edit: Found it. It's here: https://www.clepprep.net/discounts/studycom
[-] The following 1 user Likes Holmes's post:
  • Pikachu
And to clarify, it's $140/MONTH for the first three months.

(12-09-2021, 05:53 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Your math doesn't add up.

Doing the premium plan at $60 per month for any length of time will cost you more money than the college accelerator plan.

Minus the sale price, the only value of the $60 plan I see is if you aren't going to bust ass on coursework.  If you are taking your time, you can do all the coursework and quizzes for the $60/month plan, and then switch once you have 5 that are ready to go or close to ready to go, and take the two exams included for the $200/month rate and then $70/each additional exam.

If you know you're ready to jam on it and bust through whatever you want to accomplish in that month, then it's least expensive to just take the accelerator plan (especially with the current discount) and complete as many courses as you need (up to 5) in that month.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,352 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,462 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM