Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com discount on tesu?
If you sign up for study.com us there a way to get discounted tuition and waiver fee from tesu? How does this work?
If you have a Study.com (SDC) college accelerator membership, and you haven't applied to TESU, then just check the Study.com box when you apply. You can do that even if you haven't finished a SDC course, yet. If you're already applied at TESU, then you need to send in a SDC transcript in (with at least one completed course on it, of course!) and ask advising to add the SDC affiliation to your student record.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain
(02-25-2019, 04:48 PM)davewill Wrote: If you have a Study.com (SDC) college accelerator membership, and you haven't applied to TESU, then just check the Study.com box when you apply. You can do that even if you haven't finished a SDC course, yet. If you're already applied at TESU, then you need to send in a SDC transcript in (with at least one completed course on it, of course!) and ask advising to add the SDC affiliation to your student record.

FYI, even if you select the Study.com affiliate checkbox on the TESU application you still need to submit transcripts (and have them evaluated) for at least one course taken from SDC before they will update your status. You will likely have to call or submit a ticket to get them to add it... perhaps more than once. At least that was my experience; I applied as a Study.com affiliate and didn't realize my account didn't get flagged until a couple months later.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Do they accept any study.com courses as credit bearing? I haven’t taken anything from them but I need that to afford the discount on tesu credits.
(02-25-2019, 05:38 PM)Ellecarlson Wrote: Do they accept any study.com courses as credit bearing? I haven’t taken anything from them but I need that to afford the discount on tesu credits.

Yes, Study.com has more than 100 courses (almost 200 at this point) that are ACE recommended for college credit. I earned the majority of my degree using Study.com courses at TESU. StraighterLine was the second largest course provider in my degree plan.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(02-25-2019, 05:38 PM)Ellecarlson Wrote: Do they accept any study.com courses as credit bearing? I haven’t taken anything from them but I need that to afford the discount on tesu credits.

Just make sure that it's a course that is ACE/NCCRS recommended for credit.  They will have a little green circle with a medal inside of it - it you hover over it, it says "this course is recommended for credit."  Also, if you open a course, the gray box in the upper right of it will say "Eligible for Credit: YES."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Where would one look to see if the SDC affiliate flag has been applied? If we were to follow up with TESU, what should we say when we ask about it, just in case we come in contact with someone who doesn't know what they're doing?
(02-26-2019, 08:56 AM)sburch1991 Wrote: Where would one look to see if the SDC affiliate flag has been applied? If we were to follow up with TESU, what should we say when we ask about it, just in case we come in contact with someone who doesn't know what they're doing?

You can look it up yourself with a few easy steps...
  1. Log into the TESU OSS (Online Student Services) website
  2. click on "Students Click Here"
  3. click the "My Profile" link under "Academic Profile" on the bottom right side
  4. After the profile comes up, look for what it says under "Student Status"
If you've got the SDC affiliate flag set on your account, the status field should say something like "CPIAC Corporate Choice" followed by "Applied", "Enrolled", or "Inactive" depending on your current state as a student. The "Corporate Choice" part represents the affiliation, so if that is missing (i.e. your status just shows "Applied" for example), then your account hasn't been flagged yet.

If the flag isn't set, you can usually just contact TESU and ask them to update your account to reflect your Study.com affiliation. You need to have at least one completed SDC course listed on your TESU academic evaluation before you can request that though.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 3 users Like Merlin's post:
  • Ellecarlson, Muldoon, sburch1991
Study.com sent over my transcripts yesterday. I called Admissions a few minutes ago. They looked up the transcript and said they'll have the code added by the end of the day. Easy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jonesy20's post:
  • Ellecarlson
Does anyone know if Onlindegree's TESU discount can be used in combination with Study.com's pricing for students taking only 2 courses at TESU?
BABA, New England College, 2019

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,308 3 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 524 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 476 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 320 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az