Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com guardian scholarship question
My daughter got an email yesterday afternoon about getting the scholarship. It stated to contact them for instructions for the Finance 102 class.

"Once you have logged in, please reply to this email so that we may give you specific instructions for the Finance 102 course."

Can she just start doing the Finance 102? Is there some specific thing she needs to do that we need to wait for them to get back to us with the "instructions"?

She has the weekend free and would like to start now, but I don't want to mess it up by not following the rules.
mamalbh Wrote:My daughter got an email yesterday afternoon about getting the scholarship. It stated to contact them for instructions for the Finance 102 class.

"Once you have logged in, please reply to this email so that we may give you specific instructions for the Finance 102 course."

Can she just start doing the Finance 102? Is there some specific thing she needs to do that we need to wait for them to get back to us with the "instructions"?

She has the weekend free and would like to start now, but I don't want to mess it up by not following the rules.

Have her send the email and then go ahead and get started. Just caution her to not even view the lessons for other courses just yet, because they can get pretty testy about that.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Have her send the email and then go ahead and get started. Just caution her to not even view the lessons for other courses just yet, because they can get pretty testy about that.

Ditto. Don't even look around, just sign in/up and start the Finance 102. The email she will get back from them will state to take the course and NOT interact with anything else until the Finance 102 is complete. Once she takes the proctored final she can move on and around the site.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I didn't know that they would be so strict. I accidentally enrolled myself into other finance while taking the Personal Finance quizzes. I noticed I was doing some specific law related stuff, then noticed that after I passed the quiz, I got something to the effect of: "The quiz is completed for XX course, too. Want to take it?" I'm about 75% finished with Personal Finance, but I have clicked around the site. I hope I don't get into too much trouble.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
Brownie82 Wrote:I didn't know that they would be so strict. I accidentally enrolled myself into other finance while taking the Personal Finance quizzes. I noticed I was doing some specific law related stuff, then noticed that after I passed the quiz, I got something to the effect of: "The quiz is completed for XX course, too. Want to take it?" I'm about 75% finished with Personal Finance, but I have clicked around the site. I hope I don't get into too much trouble.

Don't officially enroll in anything for sure, and just stick with personal finance and you will be fine. They sent out some pretty nasty, snippy emails to a few folks for daring to poke around the site before completing the required course.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 257 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,423 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,613 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,021 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 367 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 767 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,911 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle