Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com has new courses
It appears that study.com received approval for several more new courses- outside of the psychology courses listed elsewhere and the Holocaust course posted last week, there are other new History courses as well. History 307 (American Civil rights movement) and History 309 ( War and American Society) are also both listed as credit bearing. I haven't tracked offerings in other subjects, so I don't know if there are other new courses as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes knaves's post:
  • teacher2
There are new computer science courses, but no word on accreditation.
This is a reason for me to renew my account for a couple more months. Study.com needs some notification feature, so I can be notified of when new courses appear, or when they become listed as for credit.
Just checked and neither of those courses are on ACE or NCCRS.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(04-08-2018, 09:46 PM)eriehiker Wrote: There are new computer science courses, but no word on accreditation.

They look very interesting to me. The best would be if that Operating Systems course would be transferable to TESU.
(04-09-2018, 12:13 AM)Yenisei Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 09:46 PM)eriehiker Wrote: There are new computer science courses, but no word on accreditation.

They look very interesting to me. The best would be if that Operating Systems course would be transferable to TESU.

Unfortunately, the Computer Science 305 Operating Systems course is a certificate-only course, not a for-credit course. No indication that it is being considered for credit, but who knows what the future may bring.

The only CS-related courses that are approved for college credit so far are:

Business 109: Intro to Computing (ACE & NCCRS)
Business 303: Management Information Systems (ACE & NCCRS)
Computer Science 102: Fundamentals of Information Technology (NCCRS)
Computer Science 103: Computer Concepts & Applications (n/a)
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design (n/a)
Computer Science 303: Database Management (n/a)

Those all say they are available for college credit, though the ones with (n/a) are new, and have not yet been listed for credit by ACE or NCCRS.

I'm particularly interested in CS 302, as I've already signed up for a CSU Global Exam for that, but if I can take it via Study.com, I'd prefer that.

FYI, these are the new college credit courses that have recently been listed on Study.com. Most of them do not appear to be listed under ACE or NCCRS yet though, so I have to assume they've got approval but it just hasn't hit the websites yet. Some of these were on my older lists pending credit recommendation for the last couple of months.

Art 104: History of Western Art II
Business 203: Introduction to Retail Merchandising
Business 318: Management Ethics
Communications 301: Diversity and Intercultural Communication
Computer Science 103: Computer Concepts & Applications
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design
Computer Science 303: Database Management
Criminal Justice 301: White Collar Crime
Criminal Justice 306: Research Methods in Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice 381: Victimology
Earth Science 104: Intro to Meteorology
Education 210: Technology in the Classroom
History 100: Western Civilization from Prehistory to Post-WWII
History 105: US History from Settlement to Present Day
History 307: American Civil Rights Movement
History 309: War & American Society
Marketing 303: Global Marketing
Marketing 306: Principles of Selling
Political Science 103: Comparative Politics
Psychology 302: Cognitive Psychology
Psychology 306: Advanced Abnormal Psychology
Psychology 311: Physiological Psychology
Psychology 314: Psychology of Learning
Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation
Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology
Social Science 108: Ethics in the Social Sciences
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work

There were some others that were added late last month (like Leading Organizational Change and Organizational Communication) but I think someone else already mentioned those.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 4 users Like Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon, SDO, studiousimp, Zachcleigh
Yeah, Systems Design and perhaps also Database Management would also be of interest to me, but worst case is apparently 6 elective credits for the CS AOS (MIS and Intro to Computing). I'd like to knock courses like that out quickly and focus more on Data Structures/Algorithims, Computer Architecture, AI, and math courses.
There are more courses under Computer Science. A lot of them are in the early stages of content building. If they finish the courses and the 300s are UL, this could make the TESU BACS a lot easier and cheaper. Thanks for the info. I'll be watching these.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
[-] The following 1 user Likes ajs1976a's post:
  • Yenisei
(04-09-2018, 04:57 AM)ajs1976a Wrote: There are more courses under Computer Science.  A lot of them are in the early stages of content building.  If they finish the courses and the 300s are UL, this could make the TESU BACS a lot easier and cheaper.  Thanks for the info.  I'll be watching these.

Hopefully, those other non-credit courses will eventually become recommended for credit. More CS content (and easier/cheaper BACS options) is always a good thing. It might be helpful for those looking for a CS certificate in the future (which is something I'd consider) as well as the BACS. I'd particularly like to see more programming courses, like CS 111/112/115, get credit recommendation since that is where the fun of being a CS professional comes from (IMO).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(04-09-2018, 04:57 AM)ajs1976a Wrote: There are more courses under Computer Science.  A lot of them are in the early stages of content building.  If they finish the courses and the 300s are UL, this could make the TESU BACS a lot easier and cheaper.  Thanks for the info.  I'll be watching these.

That could change my strategy a bit. I was originally going to prioritize the CS courses and then go for the double major with math if I had time before the comprehensive tuition runs out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 158 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 991 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 708 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,488 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,633 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,300 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 764 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,903 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 370 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM