Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone care to check my TESU BSBA plan?
Hello all Smile 

It's been a while since my last post. Back then, I wasn't sure what I'd like to do and it has taken me over a year, but I think I've come to a conclusion.  I attempted University of the People's Computer Science degree, but in the process, I think I confirmed what I thought: I really hate programming and the tech classes are ridiculously dry. I took a few accounting and business courses on Coursera and enjoyed the content. I have terrible ADHD and the CompSci classes were literally painful to sit through and I found myself procrastinating way more than I usually do. So, I think leaving the CompSci program was a good idea.

So, I decided that I'd like to go into Salesforce administration, project management or even a business analyst role of some kind. I've been reading "getting started," posts in the Salesforce Reddit and even though many people say that they did not go to college ALL of the job ads that I've been finding require applicants to have a degree.  So, I decided to get started on that requirement at least.  Right now, I'm just got a job at crafting supplies store, but I don't want to stay there longer than a year if I can help it. Y

Anyway, here is my plan for TESU. Sorry, it's a bit rough. Greyed boxes mean that I've finished that class and I marked classes that I got a D in. I split it into sections General Ed/Electives, the main BSBA courses/electives than the options CIS and General Management and their electives. I hope it makes sense. : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I have some CC credits and some Study.com credits. My very first plan was to become a math major, so I have been refreshing my math knowledge using some textbooks. I think I'm ready to actually rack some math CLEP soon. I don't really like Study.com's classes, but I'll push my way through them if I must.  I haven't tried Davar's classes, yet. But, if I can I'd prefer to do much of my work using Saylor.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
For the TESU BSBA:

1) the CMSLearn course won't work, it's too low level - move Trig there instead
2) D's don't matter for GE courses except English Comp
3) Info Lit won't work for that requirement, you must take SOS-110 LIving in the Info Age through TESU now
4) you can't take Business stats through Saylor and use it in the AOS - it must be used in the GE area
5) Personal Finance is a Free Elective, not a GE Elective
6) Calculus is a GE Elective, move it there from Free Electives
7) move BUS 109: Intro to Computing to your Business core
8) Saylor has Principles of Finance if you want it
9) International Business can be done: BUS 120: International Business (Study.com) or International Management (Davar)
10) For the GM AOS, the rules still apply (12cr of UL, and must cover 3 of the 4 areas); for the CIS AOS, the rules still apply (12cr of UL, requirements must be met)
11) not sure if Java will work for the programming, I've heard it doesn't (but don't have confirmation of that)
12) Not sure if there can be overlap between the GM and CIS AOS's so check - if you can have overlap, then PM & MIS will work in both AOS's.  If not, I'd use those in CIS and choose other things for GM (you'll need to cover 3 areas out of ACCTG, MAR, MAN or FIN)

If you're looking to save money, I'd probably look at COSC instead - it's like $2,000 less than TESU at this point.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Brownie82
Thanks! I didn't think about getting both CIS and GM. I was debating which to get. *But*, now that you mention it... lol.

Also, I will look into COSC, too. I think I just have about 2 semesters worth of Pell Grant left. (I did a ton of attempting and flunking out classes when I was younger. Gosh, it wastes so much money!)
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 714 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,435 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 900 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 720 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  My Action Plan Indy73 2 673 12-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Indy73
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,205 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,947 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,542 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  Coursera Plan of Attack spohara 0 577 09-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: spohara