Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Recent Transcript Grades?
Good morning all,
For those of you who have had an official TESU transcript done recently, can you let me know if the grades from STUDY.COM were reflected on your TESU transcript?  One rep told me they are, but in the past I saw an older TESU transcript with just the courses and the credits earned - NOT the grade for the course.

If anyone can post what is on a RECENT TESU transcript I would really appreciate it.  Thanks again
There has been speculation that they WILL start reflecting in your GPA, due to this mysterious FAQ question on TESU's Study.com partnership page:

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/#how-will-...ect-my-gpa
Quote:How will Study.com courses affect my GPA?

coming soon.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Okay because the rep (which he may be mistaken) said the grades will show but NO gpa??

So yes, if anyone can confirm if the grades show on your recent TESU transcript, please let me know if possible. Thanks!
haha well if true, that doesn't make any sense. why would they reflect on the transcript but then not reflect in GPA?

TESU's left hand never knows what its right hand is doing.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

As of 2 courses that I transferred in on May 8th, it does not show the grade and lists them as "CR". I'll transfer in two more classes 2-3 weeks from now and let you know if they have the grades listed then.
(05-15-2018, 11:24 AM)kmit Wrote: As of 2 courses that I transferred in on May 8th, it does not show the grade and lists them as "CR". I'll transfer in two more classes 2-3 weeks from now and let you know if they have the grades listed then.

Thank you for the response - good to know.  Few quick follow-up questions for you if you don't mind:

1) Besides the "CR", does it say how many credits earned for each of the courses?   

2) were these courses transferred in from study.com?  

3)  Lastly, does it show the study.com course name and title or TESU's course equivalency?

Thank you in advance!!
In my May 2018 TESU academic evaluation those courses taken for an A-F grade at other regionally accredited institutions had grades listed. 
Courses taken on a pass/fail basis at other regionally accredited institutions had CR listed (i.e., WGU). This is the case even though
WGU maintains that passing one of their courses is equivalent to a "B". TESU treats them as pass/fail or pass/not pass courses, which they were. 

My grades in courses at at other regionally accredited institutions do not count toward my initial GPA, which TESU counts 
as 2.0 in the absence of any TESU coursework. However, the grades I received are at least listed.

CLEP and DSST equivalency tests were granted CR in my academic evaluation. TESU honors the Upper level/Lower level/Upper or 
Lower level recommendations made by ACE. Study.com is like CLEP in that it is not a regionally accredited degree-granting institution. 
I am taking Calculus with Study.com not only to save money, but because I am not confident in my ability to get above a B or C in a 
TESU 12 week class or in a summer class at Indiana's community college, Ivy Tech CC. 

Anyway, based on the treatment of CLEP/DSST tests, and my comments about WGU, I have a reasonable expectation that approved
Study.com courses will be listed as CR, or credit granted, on my academic evaluation and academic transcript. I think TESU is being very 
consistent with the vast majority of regionally accredited institutions in both how it deals with granting credits from non-degree-granting 
ACE-approved sources, and with how it deals with pass/fail courses from regionally accredited sources. 

Note that treatment of professional/industry certifications like CompTIA is handled on a credit-for-prior-learning basis--at least in the absence of any 
obvious course equivalencies in your degree plan. This differs from Ivy Tech, which accepts course equivalencies even if the equivalencies
are outside of your current degree plan. That can come in handy if you decide to change majors from, say, Computer Science to 
Cybersecurity and want credit for your CompTIA Security+ certification.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zombie's post:
  • Yenisei
(05-17-2018, 09:38 AM)Zombie Wrote: In my May 2018 TESU academic evaluation those courses taken for an A-F grade at other regionally accredited institutions had grades listed. 
Courses taken on a pass/fail basis at other regionally accredited institutions had CR listed (i.e., WGU). 

Keep in mind these grades only show in your evaluation/unofficial transcript online, they will NOT show on your official transcript (they will show as CR on there)

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(05-17-2018, 11:24 AM)jsd Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 09:38 AM)Zombie Wrote: In my May 2018 TESU academic evaluation those courses taken for an A-F grade at other regionally accredited institutions had grades listed. 
Courses taken on a pass/fail basis at other regionally accredited institutions had CR listed (i.e., WGU). 

Keep in mind these grades only show in your evaluation/unofficial transcript online, they will NOT show on your official transcript (they will show as CR on there)

OK, thanks. Hadn't pulled one yet because I haven't started, let alone finished.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,035 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,196 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com transcript - do you need an active subscription? Kones 12 1,075 10-17-2023, 11:10 AM
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,433 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 896 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 720 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,204 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,946 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455