Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com satisfying CPA Requirements
I am currently getting a second bachelors degree in accounting and with it I will have enough credits at the end to satisfy the 150 educational credits for the CPA license. However, to sit for the CPA exam in Wisconsin I need to take financial and managerial classes "beyond the introductory level". I assume that Study.com's Applied Managerial Accounting and Advanced Accounting would satisfy these requirements. Has anyone had experience with this before or knows for sure if they?
(09-26-2017, 03:03 PM)s19concrete Wrote: I am currently getting a second bachelors degree in accounting and with it I will have enough credits at the end to satisfy the 150 educational credits for the CPA license. However, to sit for the CPA exam in Wisconsin I need to take financial and managerial classes "beyond the introductory level". I assume that Study.com's Applied Managerial Accounting and Advanced Accounting would satisfy these requirements. Has anyone had experience with this before or knows for sure if they?

Study.com is great!  for learning subject matter if video's are you thing. I was there at there Beta Stage as for many others on here. The CPA board will be looking for awarded credits. Study.com as far as I know is not a credit awarding institution their credit comes through ACE or at least it used to.  You need 150 credits to apply for the CPA test, you don't need a second degree although it might be helpful. You should talk to you local chapter of AICPA and get a student membership in the organization. The requirements are always changing, most states now require two years experience if your credits don't come from a particular affiliated school Wisconsin might be different. There is a school that offers post grad education in Accounting  at the higher level for $3000 for the 28 credits I'll post when I find the link. If your local AICPA chapter isn't helpful let me know and I'll give you an email in the national organization that might be able to direct you to someone who can. You don't want to apply to the board and get refused. It's why I'm taking all my courses in a B&M school so there will be less chance of rejection when it comes to the board review of your credit. Please let us know what you find out so we can have it for the record.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
I think everything counts except for the 2 basic courses, Principles of Financial Accounting and Principles of Managerial Accounting. However, Study.com names their courses differently. When you transfer them to TESU they show up as credit for a different course.

If you're serious about passing the CPA exam, Study.com will not get you there.   

The content of their accounting courses at the 300-level doesn't come close to the level and rigor of traditional courses.  And students with decent grades in traditional courses are far from guaranteed to pass the CPA exam.

LSU would be a much better choice.
[-] The following 3 users Like cannoda's post:
  • EI2HCB, keepsingin, tesu-acct-student

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 418 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 260 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 738 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 373 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,333 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Universal Gen Ed Requirements rachel83az 2 349 08-16-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,332 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 951 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 425 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie