Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com transfer question
Sorry, if this is obvious...
Graduated from TESU with an AA last year. Looking at getting a BA next year. They counted the History 108: Vietnam Study.com course (that was taken 3-4 years ago) as UL on the AA transcript. When it was taken, it was UL. Am I correct in thinking they will transfer it as a LL for a BA now? Or will they keep it UL because it was when it was taken? TIA
What did it come in as on your transcript? It should remain as is...
I think it should have been HIS 351? It'll stay when you go for the BA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes, it came in as HIS 351. Thank you! Best news today!
No worries, yes - it's good news! You just need to get 12 more UL credits and then do the Capstone!
I assume you're doing the BALS with no concentration? It's a broad set of liberal arts studies...

For your UL, you should decide on the courses now, they should all come from Study.com - review their Transfer Tab
I suggest to get all the UL History courses (3) and then two more UL to round out your degree...
Here are my recommendations, Study.com Link: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

History 106: The Civil War and Reconstruction HIS-252 : Civil War and Reconstruction 3
History 306: The American Civil War Era HIS-450 : The American Civil War Era 3
History 311: The Holocaust & World War II HIS-354 : The Holocaust I 3

If you're into Computers or English, two of these UL courses
Business 303: Management Information Systems CIS-301 : Management Information Systems 3
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design CIS-320 : System Analysis & Design I 3
Computer Science 303: Database Management CIS-311 : Database Management 3
English 305: Advanced Technical Writing ENG-306 : Intermediate Technical Writing 3
Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising MAR-441 : Marketing with Digital and Social Media 3

Other options include CJ, Psych, Sociology:
Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System AOJ-364 : Juvenile Justice Process 3
Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology PSY-401 : Industrial/Organizational Psychology 3
Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality PSY-352 : Psychology of Personality 3
Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology PSY-400 : History and Systems of Psychology 3
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work SOC-362 : Sociology of Work 3

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints
You must be reading my mind! Headed for a BA Liberal Arts! I was searching for the UL and trying to figure out how to get 2 more credits since I missed the Cornerstone waiver time.

Currently finishing papers on HIS 306. Just finished HIS 106. ENG 305 was done while working on AA. Taking an UL English online from another university. And just trying to figure out which of those Study.com UL will cause the least amount of grief.? And looking for anything to fill elective category.

Thanks for condescending my research down!

Similar question...
I caught the Business Ethics before the paper writing on Study.com and it came in as PHI 384. Will it stay that way? Could I take a lower level ethics class to fill the ethics requirement and move the PHI 384 to my UL?
(08-29-2018, 02:05 PM)Mousebouncer Wrote: And looking for anything to fill elective category.

Have you checked out all the free ACE courses?
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Thank you! I was looking for that link!
Yup, all your UL courses will remain as UL, so you should move them all into your BALS UL AOS. You should download the My Degree Plan spreadsheet on post #27/28 of the Beginners Guide in the signature and modify the My Degree Plan worksheet and use the other worksheets as a reference guide. You'll know what courses you have taken and what is required for your degree. If you want, you can post it here and we can review it for you... I would recommend completing the free courses for lower level electives or free electives if they fit that way.

(08-29-2018, 02:05 PM)Mousebouncer Wrote: You must be reading my mind! Headed for a BA Liberal Arts! I was searching for the UL and trying to figure out how to get 2 more credits since I missed the Cornerstone waiver time.

Currently finishing papers on HIS 306. Just finished HIS 106. ENG 305 was done while working on AA. Taking an UL English online from another university. And just trying to figure out which of those Study.com UL will cause the least amount of grief.? And looking for anything to fill elective category.

Similar question...
I caught the Business Ethics before the paper writing on Study.com and it came in as PHI 384. Will it stay that way? Could I take a lower level ethics class to fill the ethics requirement and move the PHI 384 to my UL?

It will stay as UL but won't fall into the UL AOS so it won't count, as it will apply to the Ethics requirement.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-29-2018, 03:24 PM)allvia Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 02:05 PM)Mousebouncer Wrote: You must be reading my mind! Headed for a BA Liberal Arts! I was searching for the UL and trying to figure out how to get 2 more credits since I missed the Cornerstone waiver time.

Similar question...

It will stay as UL but won't fall into the UL AOS so it won't count, as it will apply to the Ethics requirement.

I suspect you can get around this by taking a different ethics course to meet the ethics requirement. You can then use the UL one for your AOS.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 328 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 165 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 357 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 241 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,355 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,598 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,465 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,450 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM