Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Substance Abuse or Intro to World Religion
I was hoping some people could give me advice as to which is an easier test(easier being relative)? I have 3 credits left to fulfill my Bachelor Degree and I just want to get it over with. Thanks!
mflr10 Wrote:I was hoping some people could give me advice as to which is an easier test(easier being relative)? I have 3 credits left to fulfill my Bachelor Degree and I just want to get it over with. Thanks!

SA was one of my absolute favorite tests. Why? Lol.. I guess because I find drugs interesting. I was going to take WR, but in glancing through the specific feedback forum and the IC cards, the topic wasn't quite as interesting to me.

My general rule of thumb is that the more interesting you find the topic, the easier it will be for you. Is there one that you like more?

One last suggestion - if you need upper level credit, double check the test. I know that both are recommended as UL, but for some reason COSC only recognizes SA as UL.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I took the Substance Abuse test back at the end of September 2010. I failed it by 5 points and I studied for 2 months. I did not use InstantCert in September, I didn't know this wonderful forum existed until after I took that test. (Go figure, Huh!) I do not have a medical, psych, or sociology background. This was an extremely brain crunching test. At the same time, I did not have IC back then, so that may make the difference for you. Considering it's your last test and the last 3 credits you'll need for your degree, you'll probably do fine. I am just about in the same boat myself. I need 6 credits and 2 more DANTES tests and I am done with a UOP Bach. Degree in Bus. Admin. But, I have to be done by the end of April. I have less than 2 months to wrap up all of this. With that being said I plan to take the Substance Abuse test again at the end of March or beginning of April. There is a 6 months waiting period to take the test again. I think I'm going to stick with the Substance Abuse because I only failed it by 5 points and I think a lot of the information is still in the catacombs of my brain somewhere. And this time I have IC on my side. I don't mean to scare you, but it is passable. If it helps, there was several questions on bi-polar disorder and about the different drugs a patient with bi-polar disorder takes for their condition. Other than that it was pretty much straight forward drugs. I hope this info helped you. Good Luck, and let us know how you did! If you can do it, that means there still a shot for me to pass it and whomever else might be considering this test as well.

DutchMom
Definitely Substance Abuse! Most people have been exposed to much of the material through TV, magazines, newspapers, etc.

IC covers it and what is not, Specific Exam Feedback forum will give you the rest you need to Google and study.

With IC and its members in your corner, this is not that hard.
Quote:Definitely Substance Abuse! Most people have been exposed to much of the material through TV, magazines, newspapers, etc.

I would recommend the SA exam for the same reason.   In addition to that, you need to study medications that altar the brain/CNS: anti-depressants, sedatives/hypnotics, and anti-psychotic drugs.
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
A 6-year old zombie thread!! How do these things get revived?!?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Whoa, didn't even notice that... and now Zeiders_19's post is deleted...
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
(09-27-2017, 06:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A 6-year old zombie thread!!  How do these things get revived?!?

Search?  Although I have noticed lately that related threads show up at the bottom of some pages, and if you don't pay attention to the dates on those it's easy to accidentally revive an old thread.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 224 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 705 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 448 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,462 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 414 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 985 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 558 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Biggest University In The World Alpha 11 1,195 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,074 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z