Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Successfully getting into a CSU grad program?
Hello,

I want to thank you all so much I have been lurking this forum for years and took the jump 3 months ago and I'm already half way finished. I work as a bookkeeper and I'm looking to get my degree from TESU in Business Administration with a Concentration in Accounting. Once I'm done I want to go straight into a graduate program, but I'm wondering if I'll get accepted into any of my local universities with a degree from TESU with 3/4 of my credit being from exams? Has anyone on here went on to get a degree from a California State University? I live in Sacramento, CA and I'm hoping to get into CSU Sacramento or University Of The Pacific's Accounting Graduate program.
I have been accepted to both Cal Poly Pomona's MBA program and Cal State Los Angeles's MBA and MSHCA program. In order to gain acceptance into the MBA program, you must score a 500 minimum on the GMAT (easily done). I graduated from Charter Oak State College this year completing most of my credits in an untraditional manner (CLEP, DSST, Straighterline, UEXEL and TECEP's). It wasn't an issue.
Decius73 Wrote:I have been accepted to both Cal Poly Pomona's MBA program and Cal State Los Angeles's MBA and MSHCA program. In order to gain acceptance into the MBA program, you must score a 500 minimum on the GMAT (easily done). I graduated from Charter Oak State College this year completing most of my credits in an untraditional manner (CLEP, DSST, Straighterline, UEXEL and TECEP's). It wasn't an issue.

Should I just send them my transcripts from TESU and the JC I briefly attended?
I sent transcripts from everywhere I attended including CLEP, DSST, Straighterline, TECEP transcript and UEXCEL.
xbrad2 Wrote:Should I just send them my transcripts from TESU and the JC I briefly attended?
The grad school will let you know what they need. From what I've seen, most will initially ask for unofficial transcripts during the app process and will then ask for official if accepted. But again, it is totally what the school asks for. American University asked for all unofficial and then all official one I was accepted.

Also many schools require only a bachelors, while others are looking for a certain amount of graded credits, and others are looking for rigor. The moral; grad schools all have different requirements, and its better to find out now before finishing your undergrad what your target grad schools need instead of finding out later that you are are missing something.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Georgia Tech asked for transcripts from all institutions I "attended". For me that was my CC, TESU, and the local university extension where I took one course. I didn't send CLEP or DSST scores, or my Saylor transcript, since those sources don't award college credit. I was awarded the credit by TESU. They accepted that.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Decius73 Wrote:I have been accepted to both Cal Poly Pomona's MBA program and Cal State Los Angeles's MBA and MSHCA program. In order to gain acceptance into the MBA program, you must score a 500 minimum on the GMAT (easily done). I graduated from Charter Oak State College this year completing most of my credits in an untraditional manner (CLEP, DSST, Straighterline, UEXEL and TECEP's). It wasn't an issue.

Good stuff, congrats. I am assuming those programs mentioned above just requires an RA degree in business...
I'm just deciding to maybe add a list of possible grad schools that I might be interested in...
Just growing my list in addition to the 3 competency based degree providers I am considering.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
@ bjcheung77 RA degree, not necessarily in business. 500 + GMAT score 3.0 GPA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 321 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,462 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,284 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,062 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,277 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,636 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,363 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,206 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger