Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TADA credit
In the middle of doing a TADA course. I know this is a bit of DF noob question but I was just wondering, once you finish a TADA course, how do you actually transfer credits from TADA to say Pierpont, TESU, or UMPI? Is there a transfer credit form that you must complete from TADA or a third party website?

I just don't feel like wasting my time taking these TADA courses and at the end have no way of transferring the credit from them. How do you actually prove that you took the TADA courses? Just want to know how this works out at the end.

Once again sorry for the noob question. Just very new to the DF world and I'm so use to old school brick and motor institutions.

Thank you...
Once completed, assuming that the course is worth credits (not all Coursera/TADA courses are), you should have the option to claim a Credly badge. Double-check to confirm that you get the ACE-recommended version of the badge, then you can send the Credly transcript to whatever school(s) you desire. Instructions for this are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Or...ranscripts

It's not a school you mentioned, but for SNHU specifically, I believe that they accept a few Coursera certificates or specializations that aren't ACE-recommended. I believe, in that case, a student would need to send a copy of the Coursera certificate to SNHU. The Coursera certificates are PDFs that are easily emailed.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • NapoleonInRags, origamishuttle
(04-26-2023, 11:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Once completed, assuming that the course is worth credits (not all Coursera/TADA courses are), you should have the option to claim a Credly badge. Double-check to confirm that you get the ACE-recommended version of the badge, then you can send the Credly transcript to whatever school(s) you desire. Instructions for this are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Or...ranscripts

It's not a school you mentioned, but for SNHU specifically, I believe that they accept a few Coursera certificates or specializations that aren't ACE-recommended. I believe, in that case, a student would need to send a copy of the Coursera certificate to SNHU. The Coursera certificates are PDFs that are easily emailed.

Thank you so much! Big Grin
Hi NapoleonInRags, In your situation, your focus is to complete a mix of 3 things: Certs, Degree, Experience.  You're probably in your early 40's, have a limited budget/time and have commitments.  It's great you're starting your educational path, but these 3 items I mentioned should be your main goals, a mix and match approach to get you in the door for Business, Computers/IT or something along those lines.

Review the following from your previous post, BOG AAS, Coursera/TADA certs, ladder to UMPI BLS:
allvia linked you to the Pierpont BOG AAS: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC
rachel83az linked you to the Coursera/TADA: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
rachel83az has a link for BOG AAS to UMPI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

Please complete the template/last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Post/Update us with the template/addendum info in your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ing-advice
With more information from you, we can further provide more concrete advice after we have a better picture and overview of your current scenario or situation.  It's better to have a fuller overall understanding on your budget, commitments, study habits, and whatever else you think can help you complete this cheaper, easier, faster.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • NapoleonInRags
TADA question here. I'm doing the Google IT Support Professional course. I've finished the intro and Course 1.

Just started Course 2. At the start of the course, it read:

You can review videos, readings, discussion forums, in-video questions, and practice quizzes in the program for free. However, to access graded assignments and be eligible to receive your official Google IT Support certificate, you must:
I thought this TADA/Coursera course was for free?

Also, they wrote something about having to upload a legal ID, did everyone who took TADA on DF have to do this?

Thank you..
TADA is completely free. And you do need to upload a legal ID to get credit. If the course itself is saying that you need to pay to upgrade, you should contact TADA because it might not be properly "connected" to your Coursera account. They should be able to help you resolve that.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, NapoleonInRags, origamishuttle
Since it's still in regards to TADA, I'm not sure why another thread was created, so I merged the two threads... I would really recommend to take some time working on the course and following the info on the WIKI. Asking questions is great, you still need to get the hang of things by completing the requirements Coursera/TADA is looking for to get the credit...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • NapoleonInRags, origamishuttle
So, I really do believe that TADA is no longer free. Just chatted with Coursera support member and asked this person why was I being asked to pay a certificate fee and also another fee to see my quizzes grades. This was the support tech's response:

"Regarding the Course. it is completely free if we use audit mode. When you audit a course you'll be able to see most of the course materials for free, but you won't be able to submit certain assignments or get grades for your work. You won't get a Course Certificate, but you can pay for one at any time during or after the course. If you pay for a Certificate, you may need to complete more coursework that wasn’t available in the audit version

Yes, we can see the materials for free but we won't be able to submit certain assignments or get a certificate.

I really do apologize for the misunderstanding. What I will do is to pass it to our engineers so that it will never happen again"

So, either I am the first DF user to notice this or maybe I am not understanding some kind catch (bait and switch) with TADA.
Have you contacted TADA about this issue? The response you got implies that Coursera sees you have an ordinary account, not one hooked up to something like TADA.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Definintely enrolled in TADA because even when I completed course 1 of the Google IT program it read "congratulations on completing a course in the American Dream Academy". Course 2 started out with the statement :"However, to access graded assignments and be eligible to receive your official Google IT Support certificate, you must:
Pay the course certificate fee, or apply and be approved for Coursera Financial Aid."

And after chatting with the support team of Coursera this morning, it's looks like the course it either no longer free.

I could never find a contact address/email for TADA. Even on their webpage it says refer send all technical questions to Coursera, which is why I chatting this morning with the support team.

If someone has another contact address/email for TADA please share it. So, far it looks like Coursera took complete control and are now making this a cash cow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 523 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,148 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,089 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 588 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 717 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 862 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 927 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,925 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,584 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,047 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby