Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP to extend for a year
Is there a way I can see when my year expires? I took a TECEP in Feb/Mar but don't remember when. It seems like they may be counting my year from when I enrolled in the TECEP, not when I took it?

Also, what if I take a TECEP to extend my enrollment, but I already had credit for that course? It should still give me the year?

(12-11-2018, 05:14 AM)Ideas Wrote: Is there a way I can see when my year expires? I took a TECEP in Feb/Mar but don't remember when. It seems like they may be counting my year from when I enrolled in the TECEP, not when I took it?

Also, what if I take a TECEP to extend my enrollment, but I already had credit for that course? It should still give me the year?

If you look under your profile in OSS you should see your start date after your enrollment status. This is either the date you officially enrolled or the date your last renewal kicked in. It appears that this date gets reset each time you extend the year by taking a new course... or at least it did for me: my original start date was Sep 5th and when I look at it now it shows Nov 14th, which relates to the start of the capstone course. Assuming that is the last reset date, your enrollment status expires one year from that date... though I believe there is also a grace period of 30 days.

The clock begins 9-10 days after the start of the term that the most recent course or TECEP was registered for. It doesn't matter when (or if) you completed the TECEP, the clock starts at the same time.

For example, say you registered to take a TECEP in the September term, and that term began August 27th, your clock would start on September 5th. So you'd have until September 4th of the following year to take another course (or TECEP).

As for verifying the term you registered for, I'd imagine that will show in OSS under the schedule link in your academic profile. But if not, you may have received a "Course Registration Confirmation" email confirmation with the details, plus an email from the bursar confirming payment which may be used to help determine a date.

As for signing up for a TECEP for a course you have taken before... I don't see why would be any different than normal. As far as I know, there is no limitation on how many times you can take the same course, though I haven't really looked. Those clocks are automated, so if it lets you register and you don't withdraw before the date the new period kicks in, you should get credit.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thanks!

And if I failed, it still resets the clock? I don't think I will fail, but I can't lose my current evaluations.

(12-11-2018, 03:27 PM)Ideas Wrote: Thanks!

And if I failed, it still resets the clock? I don't think I will fail, but I can't lose my current evaluations.

AFAIK, the reset occurs 10-days after the beginning of the term. That is before you have time to complete the course or (in most cases) take a TECEP exam. Heck, in my case I withdrew from the TECEP a month after the start of the term and nothing changed regarding my start/enrollment date. It didn't change until after I registered for and began the term with my capstone course, which extended the date by 3 more months.

If you're concerned about it, you should ping your advisor to verify. That way in case something goes sideways, you have something from the school to confirm.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Ideas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 839 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 643 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 484 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No degree, no worries - 50 years at AT&T for 68 year old engineer bjcheung77 6 746 10-20-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 739 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  These associate degree majors lead to higher incomes than a 4-year bachelor's. LevelUP 4 611 10-07-2023, 04:35 PM
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,108 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Cardinal Stritch - Closing by year end bjcheung77 6 774 08-22-2023, 07:01 PM
  TECEP midnite123 7 751 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore