Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX - Did I do it wrong?
So I wanted to do the TEEX courses quickly before the end of the month (just in case; because of the ACE switchover). Last night, I went and registered for all of them. Now when I go to my TEEX dashboard it says that I've purchased all of them but I'm only "enrolled" in the last one - with no way to access "Cyber Law & White Collar Crime" first. I intended to take them "in order" according to TEEX course numbers. But now it looks like I'm doomed to start from the end and (hopefully) work my way to the beginning. Is this correct or am I missing something?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Carla Collins

Program Director
Email: ke@teex.tamu.edu
Phone: (979) 458-6715

Send them an email. They'll answer your question.

https://teex.org/program/dhs-cybersecurity/
Support is only available M-F and today is the weekend. I decided to just go ahead and start on the last course anyway (Risk Management). I must say that I am not impressed with how the information is presented. I miss the nice clean PDFs from elsewhere.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I don't remember that you had to do them in any specific order even if it had pre reqs. and yes, it's not neat and tidy like other places. lots to get through.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(10-18-2020, 08:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Support is only available M-F and today is the weekend. I decided to just go ahead and start on the last course anyway (Risk Management). I must say that I am not impressed with how the information is presented. I miss the nice clean PDFs from elsewhere.

Ha...yeah, the most remarkable thing about TEEX, for me, was the lack of consistency.  Some courses were presented in a format similar to others, but some were really out of left field.  For example, "Basic Property Technician" was more akin to a video game than any college course I've ever taken.  Still, a fun, useful course and a bargain at $45 for 3 CR.

Sorry I can't help with your question.  Although I took quite a few courses from TEEX, I purchase/signed up for them one at a time.
(10-18-2020, 08:26 AM)P226mem Wrote: I don't remember that you had to do them in any specific order even if it had pre reqs. and yes, it's not neat and tidy like other places. lots to get through.

It doesn't look like you must take them in a particular order, I just like doing things in order so I can keep track of where I am.

(10-18-2020, 08:30 AM)ctcarl Wrote: Ha...yeah, the most remarkable thing about TEEX, for me, was the lack of consistency.  Some courses were presented in a format similar to others, but some were really out of left field.  For example, "Basic Property Technician" was more akin to a video game than any college course I've ever taken.  Still, a fun, useful course and a bargain at $45 for 3 CR.

I kind of wish I needed more credits because that sounds like fun!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
FFR: There was some sort of bug with TEEX that took a bit over a week to get ironed out completely. Support actually had to change my password and log in as me to see what was going on.

I've managed to finish 101 and 301 in the equivalent of about 2 RL days. I probably could've gone a bit faster but I was trying to at least learn some stuff. I am so done with the TEEX Cybersecurity format right now. I'm leaving 201 to finish later (before New Year's). Definitely not as important; not even sure 201 will apply to my degree(s). But I'm a completionist, so it'll get done.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ctcarl, hsfamfun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oopsie, student is attending the wrong institution... bjcheung77 2 403 10-15-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  What Straight-A Students Get Wrong LevelUP 4 647 05-11-2022, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Johann
  What the New York Times College Cancel Culture Essay Gets Wrong About Censorship LevelUP 2 691 03-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What People Get Wrong About First-Generation College Students LevelUP 11 1,352 03-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Anyone else having issues accessing TEEX lessons? delightfulwilderness 2 570 10-26-2021, 09:54 AM
Last Post: delightfulwilderness
  What am I doing wrong? TPG 12 1,483 08-13-2021, 04:04 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  HELP! with TEEX to TESU please Lydclrk 9 1,862 02-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  TEEX - Cyber Security for IT Professionals ?? nomaduser 5 1,177 08-18-2020, 07:00 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Questions about TEEX’s Death Investigation course Michelle779 3 1,664 06-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  TEEX Upper Levels? Clepper43 2 1,083 04-30-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77