Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX cybersecurity courses taken down?
I completed Cyber Security For Biz Pros a couple of years ago, and it is (was) on my ACE transcript. A few weeks ago I registered for TEEX-279 and another course as I want to get the CS4 IT and Everyone credits before the end of the year. Began 279 this evening (no problems), and just completed it about 20 minutes ago. Did the post-course survey, clicked on view my certificate, and POOF!, everything's gone. 

Cannot even register for any of the cybersecurity courses I hoped to work on over the next several days. Heck, even the dashboard layout is different from what I was looking at just a couple of hours ago.

I will be calling them when I get a chance, just wondering if I missed the memo that this thing was going to be shut down?

The top of the page now says:

"We are currently working with ACE to transition our approved course to the new Credly platform. This could take several weeks to complete. We appreciate your patience as we complete this process.
Please continue to check the Credly website for your courses."

I swear it said that BEFORE I started TEEX-0279.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
At least they say they're working on this. I can't wait to add TEEX Acclaim badges to my ACE transcript.
(12-19-2020, 02:29 AM)nomaduser Wrote: At least they say they're working on this. I can't wait to add TEEX Acclaim badges to my ACE transcript.

Hope the course I just finished is in the system when it comes back up. I mean, I learned the material and could probably speed through it if I had to do it a 2nd time, but still.

Meh, must be a sign that I oughta be working on other coursework instead.
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
(12-19-2020, 02:23 AM)StoicJ Wrote: The top of the page now says:

"We are currently working with ACE to transition our approved course to the new Credly platform. This could take several weeks to complete. We appreciate your patience as we complete this process.
Please continue to check the Credly website for your courses."

I swear it said that BEFORE I started TEEX-0279.

It did say that before as well. The only thing that's changed is the courses themselves have disappeared.

Not sure why now the whole thing needs to be taken offline (and for several weeks???) while they make the transition, but it's be nice if it comes back eventually.
My dashboard at TEEX looks exactly the same as it was last time I logged in. I still have 4 Cybersecurity courses listed to take. But I'm honestly not surprised if they've removed them (for now). Some of them, at least, use Flash. Flash is being dropped like a hot potato at the end of the month. They may have been waiting until the last minute to update these courses and modernize them.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • StoicJ
(12-19-2020, 03:14 AM)rachel83az Wrote: My dashboard at TEEX looks exactly the same as it was last time I logged in. I still have 4 Cybersecurity courses listed to take. But I'm honestly not surprised if they've removed them (for now). Some of them, at least, use Flash. Flash is being dropped like a hot potato at the end of the month. They may have been waiting until the last minute to update these courses and modernize them.

Thanks for the update. My dashboard is back to normal and I was able to view my certificate. They must have performed some quick maintenance.

Smile
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
[-] The following 1 user Likes StoicJ's post:
  • nomaduser
Mine is back as well. Phew! They're definitely working on things, then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • nomaduser

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 849 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 679 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,055 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,632 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 302 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,977 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 568 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 322 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM