Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX for Pierpont AAS and later TESU
Good day!  I am currently completing the last remaining credits toward Pierpont's BOG AAS program through TEEX credits (Cybersecurity for Business Professionals/Everyone/IT Professionals), with an eye on a liberal arts degree from TESU later down the road.  After several days of reading every post pertaining to TEEX transfer credits, I am having trouble figuring out my best course of action that maximizes these courses with Pierpont and later TESU.  It is my understanding that each institution accepts these credits differently, therefore I likely need to take a more calculated approach than if I were only dealing with one of them.  A few initial questions come to mind:

1) Does Pierpont only accept TEEX credits in the groupings CYB101, CYB201, CYB301?  Has anybody managed to transfer them in individually?
2) Does TESU only accept individual credits?  It would appear so according to: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...ivalencies
3) There has been a lot of talk about submitting TEEX individually/grouping, however I am not sure how that actually plays out.  Is there a point where I make that selection?  I want to make sure that I am paying attention come time to transfer to ACE.  It'd be a shame if I commit to the wrong option.
4) Is there a way to have both individual as well as grouped badges on Credly?

To summarize, I want to maximize TEEX Cybersecurity credits for both Pierpont's BOG AAS now, and later a liberal studies bachelor's degree from TESU.  Any guidance is much appreciated!  I wouldn't have even known about these possibilities without this community reporting back from the field, and for that I am obliged.
@Poloros, Welcome to the board... It's a good option to go from the Pierpont BOG AAS to a Bachelors degree... We usually recommend going to UMPI by laddering your credits from Pierpont to them... You should give more details about your budget, commitments, study habits and many more variables that I ask for in the addendum/template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-D...ing-Advice
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-20-2023, 05:27 PM)Poloros Wrote: Good day!  I am currently completing the last remaining credits toward Pierpont's BOG AAS program through TEEX credits (Cybersecurity for Business Professionals/Everyone/IT Professionals), with an eye on a liberal arts degree from TESU later down the road.  After several days of reading every post pertaining to TEEX transfer credits, I am having trouble figuring out my best course of action that maximizes these courses with Pierpont and later TESU.  It is my understanding that each institution accepts these credits differently, therefore I likely need to take a more calculated approach than if I were only dealing with one of them.  A few initial questions come to mind:

1) Does Pierpont only accept TEEX credits in the groupings CYB101, CYB201, CYB301?  Has anybody managed to transfer them in individually?

I don't know if they accept them individually. Do you get both the individual and the grouped badges in Credly? I'm not sure how it works since everything switched to Credly.

(09-20-2023, 05:27 PM)Poloros Wrote: 2) Does TESU only accept individual credits?  It would appear so according to: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...ivalencies

Ditto.

(09-20-2023, 05:27 PM)Poloros Wrote: 3) There has been a lot of talk about submitting TEEX individually/grouping, however I am not sure how that actually plays out.  Is there a point where I make that selection?  I want to make sure that I am paying attention come time to transfer to ACE.  It'd be a shame if I commit to the wrong option.

You don't make the choice, the school makes the choice for you.

(09-20-2023, 05:27 PM)Poloros Wrote: 4) Is there a way to have both individual as well as grouped badges on Credly?
No idea. See above. I've been meaning to re-take the Cybersecurity credits so I can see exactly what's going on there, but I haven't had time to do so yet.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 12 486 Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 176 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 558 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 981 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 761 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 810 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 840 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 704 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,164 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,816 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares