Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Aviation Flight Technology
Another pilot checking on freq.....

Current Regional FO here, probably upgrading this fall. Should we be able to see type ratings as credit on our transcripts? When I first applied I had a DHC-8 type, have added a CL-65 since then. Aviation "Electives" are showing 10 out of 18 credits required.

Also, when comparing the BSAST to the BA LIBST in the Academic Evaluation, the credits required for either are coming back as 49. I'm thinking there's something wrong with that. Is the little table of credits on top of the evaluation not accurate?

Just now starting to dig into this whole process.
My unofficial evaluation showed all credits remained, it wasn't until I officially switched that they went under another category called other or something like that.

Credits for the type rating weren't added until I had my employer submit a letter. The info is here Thomas Edison State College: Online courses, independent study courses, exams, general education electives, prior learning assessment and other courses designed around the unique needs of adults
Any updates with how it all shook out for y'all? I'm also a regional FO looking at the BSAST in aviation. I have an associates unrelated to aviation that I submitted and getting evaluated right now. It's 64 credits but I'll be shocked if they accept all of them. If they do with the credits for my ATP and 121 FO that'll be another 46 credits. I just can't imagine that I'll get that lucky thats 110 credits. I actually had to take a couple physics and chemistry classes with labs so I hope those will transfer.
Does anyone have the credit breakdowns that you're getting from TESC for your FAA certificates? I'm a commercial single/multi instrument (working on CFI), just curious how many classes and credits that ticks off the top.

Looks like I should be good for the 24 of private, instrument and commercial, another 3 for multiengine rating but what else have yall gotten?

Thanks!
Thats it unless you have your CFI and that'll get you 6 and CFII another 6. ATP would be another 9.
Dang, I was hoping that the instrument rating would be good enough for a meteorology credit or some avionics types of credits. Where do you even take an avionics class online?
The way I understand it is this degree is designed almost exclusively for an airline pilot. If you're still working on your ratings or not with an airline yet I think this probably isn't the one for you. Now what you could do is knock out your gen eds and after you finish IOE at your airline you'll be guaranteed between 50-62 credits.
A cheap alternative for Physics I and II is Saylor. The cost is only $25 for the exam. You can take Physics I lab at Straigherline. That leaves only Physics II lab to take at TESU (1 credit). While Saylor is brutally tedious, the price is right.

If you want to do the TESU Flight Technology degree - all courses are available through alternative credit except:
3 credit capstone
3 credit meteorology (which you could PLA at LearningCounts.org, but I think they may not be doing individual courses now)
1 credit Physics II
1 credit cornerstone (which could be waived if you wait to transfer everything in besides the above courses, and then you're above the 110 credit level)

Yes, airline captains (ATP holders) with the typical ratings and a CFI, will get the full 60 credits of UL, and same for airline mechanics with A&P
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate that that info. I did a "what if" scenario if I switched to Technical studies and it actually applied all 64 of my credits from my associated to that degree plan. I've heard that those are unreliable though. If thats the case what would you think about going that route? You know the drill I just want that box checked and I don't care what the degree is in.
bsimi Wrote:A cheap alternative for Physics I and II is Saylor. The cost is only $25 for the exam. You can take Physics I lab at Straigherline. That leaves only Physics II lab to take at TESU (1 credit). While Saylor is brutally tedious, the price is right.

If you want to do the TESU Flight Technology degree - all courses are available through alternative credit except:
3 credit capstone
3 credit meteorology (which you could PLA at LearningCounts.org, but I think they may not be doing individual courses now)
1 credit Physics II
1 credit cornerstone (which could be waived if you wait to transfer everything in besides the above courses, and then you're above the 110 credit level)

Yes, airline captains (ATP holders) with the typical ratings and a CFI, will get the full 60 credits of UL, and same for airline mechanics with A&P
sambeaux Wrote:Thanks a lot man I really appreciate that that info. I did a "what if" scenario if I switched to Technical studies and it actually applied all 64 of my credits from my associated to that degree plan. I've heard that those are unreliable though. If thats the case what would you think about going that route? You know the drill I just want that box checked and I don't care what the degree is in.

I would wait until all of your credits have been evaluated before deciding. If they all have, then the "what-if" scenario does work pretty well actually. Not perfect, but it's good.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,646 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  COSC Student Services Fee for summer $275 & Technology Fee $68 frank.f.franky 0 825 04-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Excelsior College - B.S. in Engineering Technology Degree [Complete] Wallerstein 4 4,830 03-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,454 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,198 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,990 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,349 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,771 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,748 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  BS In Information Technology/ MS Dual Degree FutureMSCyberSecurity 6 2,569 09-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77