Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Military Degree Completion Program Change
TESC is quietly changing the military residency for the MDCP program from 18 credits to 24 for BA/BS degrees. The change takes effect 1 October 2012. According to the customer service rep, everyone registered before that date will be grandfathered into the 18 credit requirement. Here's the caveat. If you want to change your major or concentration, you need to do so before the 1 oct date. If you do it after, you will be under the 24 credit requirement.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Thanks for the information!

Can you briefly explain what the MDCP is?

For example, I took out a small student loan to pay for my final year of school (full course load), and am not using the TA program (used all of my tuition).

Is the MDCP simply for people using military TA?
mikeah Wrote:Thanks for the information!

Can you briefly explain what the MDCP is?

For example, I took out a small student loan to pay for my final year of school (full course load), and am not using the TA program (used all of my tuition).

Is the MDCP simply for people using military TA?

Yes, but you can use any TESC credits including TECEPs which are not covered by TA.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,041 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  US Navy NARC Program Alpha 1 1,289 06-18-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: jch
  Nuclear Associates Degree natshar 20 4,799 10-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,700 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,586 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Change Enrollment Type? ECH90 3 2,035 01-01-2020, 12:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,796 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,894 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,414 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,944 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar