Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC, after a year of no activity my college credits have been deleted
So I'm finally ready to commit to my education and I went to sign on at my account at TESC but my grades/transfer hours are not there. I see where my transcripts came in but before it showed how many hours I had.

Do I need to do another application or just start taking courses. I obviously need advise from TESC on what classes to take. Anyone deal with this.

I appreciate any responses.

Jason
Edited my response

You can start taking classes for your program. You should have an idea of where your credits fall from your previous eval. However, you do need to figure in the new changes that occurred last year and I'm sure more are coming. If you are planning on doing the residency requirements, you could go ahead and reapply and lock into the current catalog.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
jayboy Wrote:So I'm finally ready to commit to my education and I went to sign on at my account at TESC but my grades/transfer hours are not there. I see where my transcripts came in but before it showed how many hours I had.

Do I need to do another application or just start taking courses. I obviously need advise from TESC on what classes to take. Anyone deal with this.

Jason

I don't know if they're gone, or "gone" but you should call. I remember there being a 6 month window in which you could be inactive without anything vanishing, but I don't know about a year- especially since the graduation requirements and tuition structure changed. I'm not even sure if you'll be under your old catalog or the new one- it's probably best just to call directly. (report back, I'm curious to know what you find out)
jayboy Wrote:So I'm finally ready to commit to my education and I went to sign on at my account at TESC but my grades/transfer hours are not there. I see where my transcripts came in but before it showed how many hours I had.

Jason

Hello,

I would like to know as well, but my guess is that you need to be enrolled to view most of that info.
As recommended, please give them a call and find out what the issue is.
Here's the link I was looking at.

Thomas Edison State University: You can enroll anytime using our online enrollment form and once enrolled, you can access all student services
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I had the same thing happen there - after a year, they basically purge your account (you may be able to log in, but you can't see anything useful). When I reapplied, they did an eval just as if I'd never been there, because the new catalog was in place, and several things had changed.

You don't need to re-apply immediately to take anything other than TESU courses/TECEP exams, but you might want to do it before July 1 to lock in the current catalog.

If you're not sure what you need to take, you can always post what degree you want, and what credits you have, and we can help on here. I find people here are actually more helpful than most of the advisors at TESU! Also, TESU advisors won't guide you on what outside courses you can take; they can only answer specific questions you have. Example: you can't ask "what are the cheapest ways to get the Diversity requirement completed?" You would have to ask "Does the Intro to Sociology CLEP clear the Diversity requirement?" They are really unhelpful in this respect, and I would highly recommend that you ask more questions on this forum and then verify with TESU if you feel the need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thx everyone. I plan to start back up this summer so I will stay in touch. I will let you know what they say.
My experience was a bit different with TESU, I had transcripts sent in 2013, and never did anything with them. In the fall of 2015 I still had the online student services login, and I could see the transcripts received, but not what had been accepted credit wise. This Jan/Feb I re-applied ($75) and was then able to run the Academic Evaluation, without having to have transcripts sent again. I will finally follow through and enroll, most likely in the next 72 hours, once the dust settles on the new Enrolled/Pay Per Credit plans and I can see which is best for me. This forum and it's members have been a phenomenal source of knowledge and inspiration. I hope to be able to add to that. Thank you!
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
dfrecore Wrote:You don't need to re-apply immediately to take anything other than TESU courses/TECEP exams, but you might want to do it before July 1 to lock in the current catalog.

It appears TESU can change degree requirements on a dime such as the cornerstone. And there are the major tuition changes. There wasn't enough notice on the tuition change to avoid it. So I think the July rule-of-thumb is no longer good. Get yourself enrolled in 1 TECEP ASAP (even though the TECEP won't count towards residency if passed) or take a $1560 class.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:It appears TESU can change degree requirements on a dime such as the cornerstone. And there are the major tuition changes. There wasn't enough notice on the tuition change to avoid it. So I think the July rule-of-thumb is no longer good. Get yourself enrolled in 1 TECEP ASAP (even though the TECEP won't count towards residency if passed) or take a $1560 class.

He doesn't have to take a TECEP or a class, he needs to enroll. The per-credit tuition plan is a flat $75/year plus perhaps some administration fee I'm not remembering. Not enrolling in one tuition plan or another (being non-matriculated) is what will cause the degree requirements to potentially change out from under him.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:He doesn't have to take a TECEP or a class, he needs to enroll. The per-credit tuition plan is a flat $75/year plus perhaps some administration fee I'm not remembering. Not enrolling in one tuition plan or another (being non-matriculated) is what will cause the degree requirements to potentially change out from under him.

That's not true. You are still an applicant until you take a class or TECEP. If you're talking about the reg fee, how do you pay it without taking a class or TECEP?

Edit to add: Add a class (not TECEP), pay for it, drop it (reg fee not refundable), wait a few weeks for the refund to come back to the credit card???
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,118 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,291 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,700 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,855 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,943 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,616 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,382 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,668 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,807 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,224 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning