Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC and Workworldlearning.com for Communications
a4tunatemom Wrote:Hi,
Will you please let me know how to find the course syllabuses? I am interested in 2 of their communications courses. I called them this morning and the woman I spoke with said that they do not have proctored exams.

Danielle

When you click on an individual course there will be .pdf link that you can click on, and it gives you the breakdown of the course.

This link is for one of the COM courses, in the middle of the page you should see the pdf link.
DreamDegree Academics
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
Tedium Wrote:Mayhap they are. I just hate the idea of proctors, especially ProctorU. I have to use a proctor for three tests for my Shakespeare course. At least I can go to my local university, though.

Any reason you hate ProctorU/proctors? I'll be taking my first course with StraighterLine soon, so I'm new to online proctoring.
ironheadjack Wrote:When you click on an individual course there will be .pdf link that you can click on, and it gives you the breakdown of the course.

This link is for one of the COM courses, in the middle of the page you should see the pdf link.
DreamDegree Academics

Thank you!!
a4tunatemom Wrote:Thank you!!

The list of full courses is actually at Courses - DreamDegree. If you do end up taking any courses there, please share your experience here.
OST Wrote:Any reason you hate ProctorU/proctors? I'll be taking my first course with StraighterLine soon, so I'm new to online proctoring.

I don't like how invasive the process is or potentially could be. I don't like the idea that someone has access to my CPU like that. Some of that is based on principal, some of that is based on the way that companies like Google, etc. handle people's privacy (Google Wifi Snooping), and some of that is based on me not completely understanding the process.

YMMV, and I know that many people on this forum have successfully and happily used SL for many courses. It's a great deal. I just don't like the lack of a choice in proctors. I would rather go somewhere and pay the same amount of money for a proctor than give someone access to my computer. In my mind there is too much that could potentially go wrong in that scenario.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Personally I don't mind the idea of online proctors like Proctor U. They provide a very convenient service that has been extremely helpful in completing my degree. I live overseas so Proctor U is a great resource for me. TESC uses Proctor U for some classes and is developing their own online proctoring service for testing and so are other universities.

I've used Proctor U for 6 SL classes and I find the interface to be completely benign. The first time I used Proctor U, I was a little uncomfortable, but you get to see everything they do, and what they are doing is very specific and they explain what they are doing and ask your permission (to access your mouse, view your desktop etc) And you have the power to terminate the connection any time you want if you suspect any problem.

I think it's a reasonable sacrifice to allow an online proctor to access specific parts of your PC to monitor as long as you are aware of what they are monitoring and why. For SL all they check is to make sure you are alone in the room, verify if you are using an online ebook, check your work space with the camera per the SL requirements, verify your identification and that you are only using 1 monitor/display. whole process takes 1 minute and is not invasive in my opinion.
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
Tedium Wrote:I don't like how invasive the process is or potentially could be. I don't like the idea that someone has access to my CPU like that. Some of that is based on principal, some of that is based on the way that companies like Google, etc. handle people's privacy (Google Wifi Snooping), and some of that is based on me not completely understanding the process.

YMMV, and I know that many people on this forum have successfully and happily used SL for many courses. It's a great deal. I just don't like the lack of a choice in proctors. I would rather go somewhere and pay the same amount of money for a proctor than give someone access to my computer. In my mind there is too much that could potentially go wrong in that scenario.

You don't need to go through with online proctoring if you find it uncomfortable. I really like online proctoring and prefer it over having another person proctor me because I can schedule and be proctored any time without needing to travel anywhere.

If it makes you any comfortable, the software ProctorU uses is from a third-party -- LogMeIn (http://www.logmein.com), so once you disconnect you from LogMeIn they won't be able to control your computer anymore. You have to always start a new session whenever you connect through LogMeIn. You can also use a virtual machine if you want https://www.virtualbox.org/.
koenigtv Wrote:Personally I don't mind the idea of online proctors like Proctor U. They provide a very convenient service that has been extremely helpful in completing my degree. I live overseas so Proctor U is a great resource for me. TESC uses Proctor U for some classes and is developing their own online proctoring service for testing and so are other universities.

I've used Proctor U for 6 SL classes and I find the interface to be completely benign. The first time I used Proctor U, I was a little uncomfortable, but you get to see everything they do, and what they are doing is very specific and they explain what they are doing and ask your permission (to access your mouse, view your desktop etc) And you have the power to terminate the connection any time you want if you suspect any problem.

I think it's a reasonable sacrifice to allow an online proctor to access specific parts of your PC to monitor as long as you are aware of what they are monitoring and why. For SL all they check is to make sure you are alone in the room, verify if you are using an online ebook, check your work space with the camera per the SL requirements, verify your identification and that you are only using 1 monitor/display. whole process takes 1 minute and is not invasive in my opinion.

I'm planning on taking a StraighterLine course by next month. Will my ProctorU proctor see what grade I get when I submit my exam?
OST Wrote:I'm planning on taking a StraighterLine course by next month. Will my ProctorU proctor see what grade I get when I submit my exam?

Technically yes, but it's not something they are really monitoring or looking at. Once you submit your exam on SL you will get your exam grade, since you can see it on you monitor so can Proctor U. What they are trying to monitor is that your exam is submitted and received by SL properly. So yes they could see your exam score but it's not really relevant or important to them. I've never had anyone at Proctor U say congratulations or better luck next time. The experience is pretty professional and clinical.
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,677 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Public Relations Thought and Practice and Managerial Communications TECEPs gentleman4561 5 1,466 06-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Communications UL BSLIONS 4 1,363 06-02-2018, 04:59 PM
  Tesu BA in communications Sb2013 5 1,542 05-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Sb2013
  TESU BA in Communications backthatazzup2345 1 882 03-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,460 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Waiver for Oral Communications at COSC yayowonder 2 1,678 01-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: yayowonder
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,449 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77