Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC and the Air Force
Wasn't exactly where to post this, but just wanted to mention this. Don't knkw if it's been mentioned but TESC must be targeting military more now. The other day in the most recent AF times they had took out a half-page ad which usually has colleges like AMU, Columbia Southern, Columbia College, and etc. I hope this is viewed as a plus and that more and more people are hearing about TESC. Not sure how or if anyone knows about it other than me here at my base in MS, but hopefully one day it's well perceived in everyone's eyes like it is on this forum.
tsimmns Wrote:Wasn't exactly where to post this, but just wanted to mention this. Don't knkw if it's been mentioned but TESC must be targeting military more now. The other day in the most recent AF times they had took out a half-page ad which usually has colleges like AMU, Columbia Southern, Columbia College, and etc. I hope this is viewed as a plus and that more and more people are hearing about TESC. Not sure how or if anyone knows about it other than me here at my base in MS, but hopefully one day it's well perceived in everyone's eyes like it is on this forum.

When I did my military research this summer, I had a huge list of military friendly colleges, but found only a handful to really be military friendly when you got down to it. TESC is one of the schools I picked for my list in my book.
TESC's tuition falls under the TA cap of $250/cr., which means no out of pocket. You can get credit for ACE (no out of pocket), CLEP and DSST (no out of pocket) and they're RA (TONS of "military friendly" colleges are only NA) and if you use just TESC classes you can complete 8 associate or 28 bachelor's degrees (more if you're willing to test out). I think they're great, and I'm glad they got some press.
I recommend TESC to a lot of people at Yokota AB nearly everyone I talk about college to has heard about it now. Not only do they fall under the 250/cr but my TA also covered my TESC exams. $4500 in TA is enough to cover over 30 TECEP exams XD. I am not really concerned on how popular they get, I would rather them not get a reputation like ashford, AMU, or university of phoenix.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:I recommend TESC to a lot of people at Yokota AB nearly everyone I talk about college to has heard about it now. Not only do they fall under the 250/cr but my TA also covered my TESC exams. $4500 in TA is enough to cover over 30 TECEP exams XD. I am not really concerned on how popular they get, I would rather them not get a reputation like ashford, AMU, or university of phoenix.

What reputation does AMU have?
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hightecrebel Wrote:What reputation does AMU have?

I'm not an employer so I couldn't tell exactly, but from my understanding is that 100% online degrees are frowned upon. If I saw a graduate from a AMU/APU, univeristy of phoenix, or ashford I would assume they completed all the classes online eventhough they have brick and mortar schools aswell. Not saying TESC is "better" ( for getting an education) or the other ones are bad schools, but I feel as the more the more people know the less they respect it.

Highest Salary College Rankings by School
on this site APU is ranked 897/1002 ( which blows my mind because I would imagine most graduates would be formar military with tons of expirence)
Thomas edison is 332/1002
WGU is 569/1002
Ashford 990/1002
Phoenix is all over the place cause they have like 20 schools
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:Highest Salary College Rankings by School
on this site APU is ranked 897/1002 ( which blows my mind because I would imagine most graduates would be formar military with tons of expirence)
Thomas edison is 332/1002
WGU is 569/1002
Ashford 990/1002
Phoenix is all over the place cause they have like 20 schools

I used to like that survey until I viewed the sample sizes. No where near enough salaries to get a complete picture.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
hightecrebel Wrote:What reputation does AMU have?

Without regard to reputation, Ashford, AMU and UoP are all for-profit schools while TESC is a non-profit. For some people, that matters.
Prloko Wrote:I used to like that survey until I viewed the sample sizes. No where near enough salaries to get a complete picture.

just looked it up, it says that it varies per school but each one has between ~50-4000. Worst case scenario 50,000 sample size. They claim an average of 325 per school, not sure if that is their mean or mode if that was their mean it would be 325k+ sample size. That's a good enough sample size for me XD. I would imagine it is a lot more accurate for massive schools. I feel like their confidence intervals are on point, but more of the problem lies in where the most of the degrees are coming from. If a school produces a lot of science and arts degree it would have a way different range than a school that produces mostly arts degrees.
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,460 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,379 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,783 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,757 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,345 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,912 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,984 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77