Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC's new grade point averages/awards
Congrats to you!!!
How long did it take you to earn your degree?

Again, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she7 Wrote:Congrats to you!!!
How long did it take you to earn your degree?

Again, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

Thank you. It took 18 months total. For the first 6 months I took a handful of CLEPs, applied for financial aid, applied at TESC and EC, forwarded prior transcripts, etc. All the "stuff" that goes with getting started.

I was an enrolled student at TESC for 1 year (4 semesters from July 2007-July 2008) while I continued to test, take TESC classes, and classes locally.

Also, I want to add, that it wasn't hard. I thought it would be. I thought it would be too expensive. It wasn't. I thought I wasn't smart enough. I was. As it turns out, average people like myself CAN earn a college degree if they just get motivated. By this time next year, I hope to be an enrolled student at Harvard University. I think the hardest brick wall to kick down is the one we put up around ourselves!
Does anyone know if FEMA credits count towards the 90 credits needed for the Arnold Fletcher Award.
cookderosa Wrote:>>
then TESC gave me 27 credits through the credit for courses taught option- those were 100% credit only, not graded.
Oh man, maybe I've been up too long but what did this part mean? the credit for courses taught option? were these for the classes you yourself teach or taught?

How awesome and exciting for you!!!!! I bet it feels so good to see that degree with your name on it, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! yaaaaay!
Wink :p hilarious Big Grin
It must be an awesome feeling to finally have your degree in hand. Great job, and congrats on your awards! I love threads like this, they do help keep me going. Thanks for being an inspiration!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
[QUOTE=Lioness088]Oh man, maybe I've been up too long but what did this part mean? the credit for courses taught option? were these for the classes you yourself teach or taught?
>>

No, I am a teacher at a community college.

This might be confusing- I hope not- but, my culinary degree got me the teaching job in 1992. CIA is a top school (back then even more so), but at the time, it was only nationally accredited. I teach (taught) over 200 credits for my CC through the years, including some classes I have taught every semester for 15 years in a row!

TESC has a policy that if you teach RA classes and they are for undergrad credit and you are the primary faculty member, AND they do not duplicate classes on your own transcript, you can apply for credit. I guess they figure if you are the instructor, you might know the information LOL.

This worked well for me, because I had 63 credits from my AOS degree that TESC didn't take. I simply applied to have TESC award me credit for 9 of my community college classes that I teach. (that's 27, which is the cap for free electives).

This is a real benefit is for people like me with NA degrees (or no degree) teaching in RA institutions. If you teach in an applied technology division like I do, this applies to you! Any of the career trades would be included- so I know there are hundreds of people who could use this benefit if they knew it existed. Also, this is not the same as a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) which costs $$$$. Credit for courses taught is FREE, so it's a huge savings of around $5000 or more!

One final thing, so few people use this credit method that TESC doesn't even have the forms online. You work directly with the Dean of your program. I'm sure I'm one of only a handful to use it.
congrats gals!!!!

i would love to see what a TESC degree looks like since that's where i plan on transferring my credits to. if anyone has theirs scanned and doesn't mind showing it off please send a link!!!!
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

Congratulations!!!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,520 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,666 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Need Help - School that awards 60 credit general Asscociate Degree Synicaal 9 2,512 02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: quigongene
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,457 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Any point to an AA at the same time as a BA? KAnn 11 2,301 02-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,203 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  At what point should one begin the Capstone at TESU? Pelican 6 2,570 01-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,994 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,364 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,776 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138