Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU AOS Finance courses
I'm planning on a double BSBA major (Accounting & Finance) and need three more courses for the Finance AOS. Would it be easier to take Davar's two courses and the Security Analysis TECEP or to take three Finance courses at Study.com (also factoring in any hassles related to proctoring)?
Depends on personal preference, Davar/TECEPs should only be exams (the TECEP may have areas for essay type writing), if you're doing Study.com, it's quizzes, final, assignments. If you're into exams, Davar/TECEP would be the choice, if you're wanting slightly easier pass, then doing the quizzes, final, assignments would be better with Study.com classes instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Have you taken any other Study.com courses previously? I have found that the proctored exams are fairly painless to schedule and take, and for the upper level courses the exams are actually less impactful to the overall grade due to the inclusion of assignments. I haven't taken any courses with Davar, but I would recommend go with the format you're familiar with. You can't go wrong with either.
Haven't taken courses from Study or Davar, but I am a good test taker, so that might be decisive.
I found there to be very little hassle with the study.com proctored exams. The worst I've encountered is long delays with scoring. I've never taken a Davar course though. If I had the option, I'd take a study.com course over a TECEP any day.
In Progress: TESU BSBA Accounting, BS CIS, AS Computer Science, Cert Organizational Leadership
You can also do a mix/match of them all, it won't really matter, do what you think is best for both your learning and the cost, ease, speed to get the credits you want.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I decided to go with Study, in part because I'm also taking Healthcare Management courses (toward a certificate).
With Study.com, you don't schedule a proctor as it is all automated.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-16-2023, 05:21 PM)Yenisei Wrote: I'm planning on a double BSBA major (Accounting & Finance) and need three more courses for the Finance AOS. Would it be easier to take Davar's two courses and the Security Analysis TECEP or to take three Finance courses at Study.com (also factoring in any hassles related to proctoring)?

Security Analysis TECEP is a path of minimal resistance especially you had taken Financial Management at B&M school
(12-22-2023, 11:25 AM)LevelUP Wrote: With Study.com, you don't schedule a proctor as it is all automated.

This is the same with Davar. RPNow is one of the options. I did two such exams with Davar, and had no problems.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 176 9 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,476 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 1,017 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 723 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,160 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 377 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,950 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,058 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,106 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 600 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer