Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Accounting Degree Roadmap and Other Questions
Question 
I'm interested in pursuing a BSBA Accounting degree at TESU and I have a bunch of questions that are all over the place. I hope you guys will be able to bear with me.

1. I was wondering if Synicaal's degree road map and Sanantone's GenEd road map are still ok to follow?

2. And a question about Intermediate Accounting I & II on Synicaal's guide. It says that it's available on study.com but it's not ACE approved. Will TESU accept them anyway? Are there any advantages to ACE approved credits?

3. What are the job prospects of someone with a BSBA Accounting degree? Is there a demand in the market? Does TESU have a job placement program for graduates?

4. Would I have to attend a semester for the thesis requirement or can it be done online as well?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
You cannot use those courses for college credit without ACE approval. They are trying to get ACE approval sometime, so they may be available later.

For Intermediate Accounting I, just take it at Straighterline. Cheap and easy.

Accounting majors earn a lot in general, but I guess it depends. I think they are usually including CPA salaries.

The capstone course is done online.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • waterpaper
Here is a degree plan for the TESU BSBA in Accounting.  It's pretty current.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA ACC.xlsx (Size: 75.84 KB / Downloads: 147)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • waterpaper
I don't recommend taking Straighterline's Financial Accounting for Intermediate Accounting I at TESU. I know it's allowed, but the courses are not at all the same.  I have read the course descriptions.

I think the equivalency between those two courses is a mistake that needs to be corrected. It will pose a serious problem for you when you go on to Intermediate II and other UL accounting courses. It might be OK for other business majors, but it's definitely not OK for an accounting major. I wrote about this on another thread that is linked in my signature.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
[-] The following 2 users Like tesu-acct-student's post:
  • keepsingin, Yenisei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,977 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,205 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,643 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,322 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic