Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Advising question
I opened a ticket last night asking if I could do both the Ethics course for 2 credits to fulfill the Ethics requirement and ALSO the current Study.com COM-209 course which is two credits for the ORAL Com requirement. I wanted to know if they would allow the 1 credit waiver for both courses.

The Study.com course, Communications I: Public Speaking, and the Institutes course, Ethics & the CPCU Code of Professional Ethics, are both approved for your degree. They will transfer in as COM-209 and PHI-384, respectively. Please access your evaluation online to view placement.

^^^This was their response this morning. My evaluation now shows both courses in the correct sections, but it says "3 credits" for each to be completed. Should I email them back or should i take their answer as an ok to do both courses?

I know Study.com has said they plan to get the COM-209 course up to 3 credits in the near future so I can wait if I need to. However, I am currently juggling the scholarship plus my yearlong subscription so I am trying to do the easiest courses I can right now while doing 4 per month. I was just wondering what TESU would do with two 2 credit courses.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that the Ethics course transfers in as PHI-379. That is the number I have listed in my spreadsheet. I know it's not a big deal but I am wondering if they changed the number.
It used to transfer in as PHI 379, but that changed a while back.

But it never transferred in as 3cr before... Lucky you!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Oral Communication 3 SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
1 COM-209 Public Speaking 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) COM-209
*PL *PTE

Ethics 3 SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
1 PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) PHI-384
*PL *PTE

You think I'm good to go then? I'm worried I will waste money on the Study.com course and then they will say I need a third credit in the COM field. I've heard too many people say the advisors over there often make mistakes.
oh --- "(Pending completion of unfinished activity)"

They just scheduled it, they haven't actually received it yet. I misunderstood upon my first read through. When they actually get the transcripts they will likely adjust this to the 2cr. Those 2CR leftover from both classes will then need to be made up in gen ed electives.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

No one here has tried to do the Oral Comm course at Study.com and transferred it in (or at least posted about it), so we are not the best place to check. For sure the Ethics course will work, and you will just get the 1cr moved to Gen Ed Electives.

It's up to you as to whether you want to take the chance or not.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:No one here has tried to do the Oral Comm course at Study.com and transferred it in (or at least posted about it), so we are not the best place to check. For sure the Ethics course will work, and you will just get the 1cr moved to Gen Ed Electives.

It's up to you as to whether you want to take the chance or not.

um....

Without hijacking too badly, what do you have to do? For the SL version, we had some testing to do, and three videos to upload. How does s.c handle it?

Thanks!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:um....

Without hijacking too badly, what do you have to do? For the SL version, we had some testing to do, and three videos to upload. How does s.c handle it?

Thanks!

Chapter Quizzes for up to 100 points
A 5 minute speech WITH visual aides project for up to 100 points
A Proctored Final Exam for up to 100points

A total of 210 points or higher is required for credit. It is 14chapters long with 89 quizzes.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:It is 14chapters long with 89 quizzes.

:ack:

And I thought the SL IT course was heavy on the quizzes.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
they're like 3-5 questions each at the end of their video lessons, it actually doesn't seem like much when you're going through the plans. Can be done in a couple days.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:they're like 3-5 questions each at the end of their video lessons, it actually doesn't seem like much when you're going through the plans. Can be done in a couple days.

Ah.. that's important information. Smile
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,022 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,688 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,178 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,693 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,754 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,375 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,622 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,348 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,406 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore