Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU: Assistance and Guidance.
Hello everyone my name is Jesse and I have been a long time stalker of this forum. After years of going to Community College on and off, I have amassed approximately 93 credits. I only need one more class to complete the general education requirements. The class that I need is Statistics which I plan to take this coming Spring 2017. My goal is to transfer the credits I currently have to TESU and complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Homeland Security and Emergency Management. The reason for pursuing this degree is because I am passionate about the subject and because the credits that I plan on transferring in were obtained in pursuit of an associates in administration of justice degree, so I have about 4 courses that I believe will suit this degree, such as intro to criminal justice, Criminal Law, Criminal Investigation, and Forensic and Scientific Aspects of Evidence. I have already sent my transcripts to TESU and have confirmed that they were received yesterday on 11/7/2016. The reason for this post is to get any input from the community about my plan. I have attached in this message my unofficial transcript and transcript totals. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can look at it and give any input regarding whether or not there could be any issues or if everything checks out. In addition I would like to add that I do have the opportunity to transfer to a California State university when I complete the Statistics course via a guaranteed transfer agreement that is included with the current education path that I am on. The problem with this though is the fact that if I were to transfer to the CSU then that would mean I can only begin the earliest in the fall 2017 term, which is a fairly long time. This is due to the transfer process and the fact that only a certain amount of transfer applicants are accepted each term. I would like guidance as to whether or not I should just finish this statistics course at my community college or other source and transfer it to TESU and finish my degree there, or just wait until fall 2017 to even begin my Bachelors at CSU? Please note that I would like to finish my education as fast possible. In addition my plan is to enroll at TESU under the comprehensive tuition plan because it allows the individual to take up to 36 credits in a year, and I'm hoping my evaluation will reveal that I need either 36 credits left to complete my degree or less credits to complete. I guess what I'm asking is does this all make sense? or is my plan off somewhere? I would like to to say in advance thank you to everyone of this forum for all the assistance and motivation you have provided towards helping me accomplish my goal. When opening the files please use Microsoft Word.

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Transcript Totals.docx (Size: 13.21 KB / Downloads: 0)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BC Transcript .docx (Size: 39.01 KB / Downloads: 0)
Personal interest of mine and a program I have looked into as a 2nd bachelors. I am one course away from completing an undergrad cert in HS from my local CC.

AOS Required - These may be hard to find as Alt credit or transfer with two exceptions. CSU-Global offers a Terrrorism class and Study.com has a Psych Research Methods and may work for the Social Science Research methods.

AOS Electives - CBE-GLOBAL has a lot of CJ CBEs and also some Emergency Management ones that may work too. DSST MIS, SL Organizational Behavior, Study.com Social Psych.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Propero has some of the courses you need. I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has completed the CJ degree to see what the Propero courses transfer in as though.

But, the Homeland Security degree doesn't have test-outs for all of the requirements, so it may be a little expensive to get. But, even if you find the courses somewhere cheaper than TESU (APU is a good bet), it would certainly be a lot faster and less expensive than finishing your degree at a CSU. With them being so impacted, you'd be lucky to get all of your courses in 2 years, usually people are graduating in closer to 3-4 years (after transferring) because classes are so hard to get.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'll be sure to check those sites out, and what does AOS mean?
I did not know about Propero, some classes fit the bill for the degree. It seems I may be the first to get the degree in forum Smile. Also do you think it would be a better option to take statistics at straighterline or another source, rather than taking it at my community college? are there any negatives from taking statistics at the CC? Thanks again everyone for your input.
In addition is there anybody who was able to finish 30-36 credits in a year at TESU?
Fortune212 Wrote:In addition is there anybody who was able to finish 30-36 credits in a year at TESU?

I don't see that being an issue. They run many different semester start dates. I don't believe they have the 3 traditional start dates. I think a new one starts like every month or two months.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Fortune212 Wrote:In addition is there anybody who was able to finish 30-36 credits in a year at TESU?

I did 37 credits in a year, approx. May 2015 - June 2016. 12 of those were through my local CC. 12 were through portfolio. Nine were CLEP and DSST. Three were Penn Foster, and one was PLA-200.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.

If you're talking strictly about online courses, I think it would be quite possible. If you started a course each month, you'd be taking three courses at any one time (a nominal 12 unit full load) and would finish 12 courses or 36 units in one year and two months. If you instead just start 3 courses every three months you would be done in a year even.

It would be tough doing full time without a break like that, but possible.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you everyone for your input and support. I'd like to update you guys on my situation, it seems so far TESU has accepted 60 credits from my community college. They received my transcripts on 11/7/2016, so its only been 4 days. I'm hoping this means that they are still not done with my evaluation because I transferred a total of 87 credits hoping for approximately 70-80 credits to be accepted into the program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,012 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,678 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,134 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,670 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,366 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,398 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore