Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA CS & BSBA CIS Goal
(09-08-2023, 04:38 PM)Pach Wrote: I do have a few questions.

1. I sent in my application to TESU and was given two evaluations. I used those evaluations. I will have to enroll, but I am currently in college, so I'd have to wait? The thing is, I may have applied too early. By the time my 12 months run out, I will still be in college. 
It states that if I do not enroll, my transfer credits will have to be evaluated against new degree requirements. 
I see people talk about enrolling in one class and leaving it there. Doesn't that charge anything after enrolling or not showing up? How long can people go without actually taking it?

2. I'm currently taking Workplace Communication in college as a degree requirement, but it is structured as if it is a Public Speaking class. Do you guys think it's possible it could come in as Public Speaking at TESU, or would it be comparable to Sophias Workplace Communication and come in as COM-1999 Special Topics Communications at TESU? I know this is kind of a long shot, but figured I'd ask anyways, as it would save me a course.

3. Also, is there any way to edit my first post? I hoped to edit the information, but if not, that is ok, haha.

1.  You can enroll in a 1cr TECEP for $50 each year you want to stay enrolled.

2.  There is no way to know beforehand what your college Workplace Communication will come in as. You could petition TESU if it doesn't come in as expected and provide a syllabus.  Overall, I wouldn't worry too much about it as Study.com presentation skills can be done in a day or two, which fills the public speaking requirement.

3. Only mods can edit older posts.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pach
(09-09-2023, 09:51 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 04:38 PM)Pach Wrote: I do have a few questions.

1. I sent in my application to TESU and was given two evaluations. I used those evaluations. I will have to enroll, but I am currently in college, so I'd have to wait? The thing is, I may have applied too early. By the time my 12 months run out, I will still be in college. 
It states that if I do not enroll, my transfer credits will have to be evaluated against new degree requirements. 
I see people talk about enrolling in one class and leaving it there. Doesn't that charge anything after enrolling or not showing up? How long can people go without actually taking it?

2. I'm currently taking Workplace Communication in college as a degree requirement, but it is structured as if it is a Public Speaking class. Do you guys think it's possible it could come in as Public Speaking at TESU, or would it be comparable to Sophias Workplace Communication and come in as COM-1999 Special Topics Communications at TESU? I know this is kind of a long shot, but figured I'd ask anyways, as it would save me a course.

3. Also, is there any way to edit my first post? I hoped to edit the information, but if not, that is ok, haha.

1.  You can enroll in a 1cr TECEP for $50 each year you want to stay enrolled.

2.  There is no way to know beforehand what your college Workplace Communication will come in as. You could petition TESU if it doesn't come in as expected and provide a syllabus.  Overall, I wouldn't worry too much about it as Study.com presentation skills can be done in a day or two, which fills the public speaking requirement.

3. Only mods can edit older posts.

Thank you! Public Speaking is the one class I'm dreading, but I will take your word for it with the presentation skills one!

So, to be clear, I should enroll before my 12-month application is up to a 1cr TECEP for $50 and just not do it? If I have to complete it, I will, as long as I can hold enrollment. But then I am confused because then I'd be attending and would have to pay the residency fee? I'd be starting.
Presentation Skills for the Workplace can be done in a day, without any recording/speaking at all... it's probably Study.coms' shortest course that transfers! The TECEP for enrollment purposes is just that, you add it and forget it... you'll have one year of enrollment active on your account, so it locks you within the catalog year just in case something changes, you also have X benefits for being a student such as unlimited academic evaluations, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pach
(09-09-2023, 05:45 PM)Pach Wrote: Thank you! Public Speaking is the one class I'm dreading, but I will take your word for it with the presentation skills one!

So, to be clear, I should enroll before my 12-month application is up to a 1cr TECEP for $50 and just not do it? If I have to complete it, I will, as long as I can hold enrollment. But then I am confused because then I'd be attending and would have to pay the residency fee? I'd be starting.

Presentation Skills in the Workplace on SDC consists solely of multiple-choice quizzes and a multiple choice final exam. Some students have completed it in as few as 3-5 hours. Some take 2-3 days. But it's a pretty short and easy course. It's also a good intro to how SDC works.

We recommend paying for the Medical Terminology TECEP as soon as you are accepted as a student. This will lock in your catalog and give unlimited evaluations. This allows you to send in your transcripts every couple of months as you complete classes. That way there will be no/fewer surprises on your evaluation. Without this lock-in, some students have previously completed what they thought was an entire degree. Except, when they enrolled and sent in all their classes, it turned out that TESU had changed requirements or acceptance of classes so that they now had to fill in gaps in their degree plan. But, if they'd sent in their classes regularly, they probably could have graduated with what they had already completed.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pach
Thanks for the help, guys! This really helps me a lot.
It looks like I will be taking the Presentations Skills course first then, alongside the English II one, when I start at Study.com

I think I'll finish the Coursera IBM Full Stack Software Developer first, then head on over to edX for Information Literacy, and then finally, I'll do Study.com. I'm leaving Study.com for last, just in case Sophia comes out with a course that I need. From what I've heard, SDC is pretty good, but it will be my first time doing Proctored exams. I think edX is proctored, so I'll take that as an experience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 0 27 8 hours ago
Last Post: bigsquirrel7
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 105 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,072 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 245 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  my ultimate goal is Ed.D HELP FROM THE BEGINNING izzyfizzy850 8 287 04-17-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 200 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Big Grin Goal: BA or BS in CS or IT MrPanda 175 20,593 04-14-2024, 12:58 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 396 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 476 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,046 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre