Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - BA CS degree plan. Thoughts?
(12-09-2022, 12:18 PM)tuckerarabi786 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 02:38 PM)spohara Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 05:50 AM)AnandB Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 11:49 PM)spohara Wrote: Very minor, but COS-101 does not count as a CS elective - at least this was what was told to me by advising, and indeed it does not slot in on my eval even though I have two open elective slots currently.  But you have so many COS courses in your free electives, it'll just flip flop with one of those.

My only suggestion is to possibly give consideration to the IBM Full Stack Cert on Coursera.  Gives 18 hours, including one UL for the addtl AOS, and you can cut out some expensive SDC stuff.  Maybe not necessary.  If I still had req's to fill, I'd go that route, just because I see Kubernetes and Docker all over the place in job announcements and apparently that is covered in the cert.  I'm also much more fond of Coursera than SDC in general, but that is just personal preference.

Thanks for the COS-101 update.

Should i do IBM certificate after Google DAP certificate as i am already in course 3 in it? I probably would have done it sometime later regardless of credits because i do see lot more jobs for Full stack developers here. Am also bound by some courses in my plan as they are either prerequisites or are compulsory for RA credits.
I like to focus on one thing at a time, so I'd recommend knocking out the Google cert since you're half through.  I've knocked out 50 something hours worth of alt credits in the last ~5 months by trying to stay focused. 1-2 classes and only 1 programming course at a time has been my method.

spohara
Just saw your signature are you enrolling to CU Boulder also ?

By the Way AnandB,
i was thinking for SNHU, but it seems they have very few courses related to Cloud / Networking / .. and more for Computer Programmers..
Maybe I am thinking for BA CS with 30 electives mostly all Cloud Computing.....

What have you planned?

This seems good too

https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bs/cloud-computing

Right now I'm doing the capstone at TESU, last requirement for the BACS.  I'm strongly considering the CU Boulder after.  Not 100% yet, as I'm always looking at programs that will meet my needs, plus some of my career trajectory is going to be decided in the next couple months.  But right now the plan is to take a short break after the BACS then get started on the CU Boulder program.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
Unfortunately, TESU's Cloud Computing degree cannot be completed with alt credit. Best you'll be able to do is do Comp Sci with as many Cloud Computing credits as possible. This includes taking IBM's Full Stack Software Developer certificate on Coursera. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera Maybe CLD-210 and CLD-410 as part of a 16-credit flat-rate term.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-05-2022, 11:49 PM)spohara Wrote: Very minor, but COS-101 does not count as a CS elective - at least this was what was told to me by advising, and indeed it does not slot in on my eval even though I have two open elective slots currently.  But you have so many COS courses in your free electives, it'll just flip flop with one of those.

My only suggestion is to possibly give consideration to the IBM Full Stack Cert on Coursera.  Gives 18 hours, including one UL for the addtl AOS, and you can cut out some expensive SDC stuff.  Maybe not necessary.  If I still had req's to fill, I'd go that route, just because I see Kubernetes and Docker all over the place in job announcements and apparently that is covered in the cert.  I'm also much more fond of Coursera than SDC in general, but that is just personal preference.
That's strange, because COS-101 should count as a CS AOS elective.
[img]<a href=[/img][Image: Screen-Shot-2022-12-21-at-2-30-48-PM.png]" />
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 22 255 1 hour ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 115 5 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 260 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,846 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 283 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 558 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower