Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Computer Science
Hey everyone, I am really confused about UL (300/400 courses) requirements for the BA CS (TESU) degree. I was told that the capstone doesn't count toward the 18 cr required. So that means you would need 6 UL computer science classes, it doesn't seem like study.com offers enough to meet this requirement. I already have some credits from a CC (31 in CS AS) but no UL ones. Would really appreciate some help figuring out a plan.
Whoever told you that was wrong. I can see how this could be a little confusing. The Capstone does not count towards the 18cr of computer science electives required, but it does count towards the 18cr of UL courses required in the Area of Study (AOS).

You can see this below where the UL requirement is not stated inside Part C, but is in it's own section, meaning the UL credits can come from anywhere in the whole AOS.

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2877]

Attached Files
.png   BACS.PNG (Size: 32.88 KB / Downloads: 499)
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Salamander
Thanks for your reply, so based on study.com would these transfer in a AOS UL credits? :

Computer Science 331: Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Management CYB-322 : Cybersecurity Risk Analysis and Management 3
Computer Science 332: Cybersecurity Policies and Management CYB-323 : Cybersecurity Policies, Programs and Compliance 3

Since they are under the Computer Science tab on the equivalency page? https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
(08-09-2019, 01:24 PM)Salamander Wrote: Thanks for your reply, so based on study.com would these transfer in a AOS UL credits? :

Computer Science 331: Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Management CYB-322 : Cybersecurity Risk Analysis and Management 3
Computer Science 332: Cybersecurity Policies and Management CYB-323 : Cybersecurity Policies, Programs and Compliance 3

Since they are under the Computer Science tab on the equivalency page? https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

They are upper level however, I think I remember that the Cyber classes don't work in the Comp Sci degree
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • Salamander
I would not automatically assume that TESU will consider them to fulfill the CS AOS just because they are listed under CS on that page. COS courses do, and most CIS courses. Other prefixes can be hit or miss. I would ask TESU about the ones you want to take specifically, or hope that someone here has already transferred them and knows for sure.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Salamander
(08-09-2019, 01:37 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 01:24 PM)Salamander Wrote: Thanks for your reply, so based on study.com would these transfer in a AOS UL credits? :

They are upper level however, I think I remember that the Cyber classes don't work in the Comp Sci degree

That's pretty odd, but I expected that since I've read everything there is on the topic on these boards already, was hoping something has changed. 

Here is what I plan on taking for UL currently:

Study.com:

Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture -> COS-330 : Computer Architecture (3)
Computer Science 303: Database Management -> CIS-311 : Database Management (3)
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design -> CIS-320 : System Analysis & Design I (3)

Davar:
CIS 315 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (Read on here this transfers in as a UL : Management Information Systems (CIS-301)) (3)

-------------------------------------------

So this leaves me 3CR short of meeting the requirement.

I would like to finish as soon as possible, and the cost is not a huge factor. If anyone knows another source for the final 3 CR that can be done faster than taking a class through TESU I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

___
On a side note, I work in the industry and have for many years & have a substantial body of professional work. I don't know if that helps me in any way in increasing the speed of credit acquisition.
Yeah Cybersecurity doesn't work anymore.

You can do the TECEP in Networking to get UL.

Thanks if there are no other options then I guess that's the way to go
(08-09-2019, 01:44 PM)Salamander Wrote:

That's pretty odd, but I expected that since I've read everything there is on the topic on these boards already, was hoping something has changed. 

Study.com:

Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture -> COS-330 : Computer Architecture (3)
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design -> CIS-320 : System Analysis & Design I (3)

Davar:
CIS 315 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (Read on here this transfers in as a UL : Management Information Systems (CIS-301)) (3)

I would like to finish as soon as possible, and the cost is not a huge factor. If anyone knows another source for the final 3 CR that can be done faster than taking a class through TESU I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

___
On a side note, I work in the industry and have for many years & have a substantial body of professional work. I don't know if that helps me in any way in increasing the speed of credit acquisition.

I saw this on study.com                                 TESU
Computer Science 304: Network System Design -> CMP-254 : Network Technology
Saylor                                                               TESU
CS402: Computer Communications and Networks -> Network Technology (CMP-354-TE)

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(08-11-2019, 04:28 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 01:44 PM)Salamander Wrote:

Study.com:

Davar:

Thanks!

___

I saw this on study.com                                 TESU
Computer Science 304: Network System Design -> CMP-254 : Network Technology
Saylor                                                               TESU
CS402: Computer Communications and Networks -> Network Technology (CMP-354-TE)

It's really odd that the SDC course would be sub 300 level while the saylor is 354

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,347 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 530 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 430 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az