Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Computer Science - Need Help
Hello Everyone,

I'm very close to being able to register for the Critical Information Literacy and the Capstone courses. As it stands, I'm in need of two more upper level Computer Science electives. Everything else is done. I just got off the line with the advisor, and confirmed that Management Information Systems via Study.com will satisfy one; so I need one more. Here is a list of everything that I've already taken elective-wise:
  • CIS-320 Systems Analysis & Design (Study.com)
  • CIS-311 Database Management (Study.com)
  • COS-208 Java Programming (Study.com)
  • CSIT110 Computer Applications (Community college in CA)
  • BIO-101 Introductory Biology (Sophia.org - categorized under "Additional AOS Electives")
  • MAT-121 College Algebra (Sophia.org - categorized under "Additional AOS Electives")
I confirmed with the advisor on the line that the Computer Forensics/Networking courses listed on Study.com as upper division classes aren't accepted. Ideally, I'd strongly prefer to find another course on Study.com that will satisfy the requirement, but I'm open to anything else. If anyone could suggest one more UL CS course for me, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm open to just about anything, preferably a course that I could complete in a relatively short amount of time.

Thanks Smile!
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
nevermind....
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

(02-07-2023, 03:41 PM)rachel83az Wrote: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

Thanks. Sounds like Saylor Academy CS302: Software Engineering is going to be the way to go!
(02-07-2023, 04:40 PM)GoLurker22 Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 03:41 PM)rachel83az Wrote: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

Thanks. Sounds like Saylor Academy CS302: Software Engineering is going to be the way to go!

My friend my recommendation is to take the Saylor's course CS302 look for any book that can help you watch some youtube videos regarding this subject do all the quizzes from the Saylor's course or other wise you will be in my shoes I'm taking that course through TESU and it demands a bunch a writing you need to keep posting comments in a forum you also need to read a purchased a book for Software Engineering and also you need compose almost 7 essay's.
If you are someone like me, who does not like to write papers go for the Saylor's exam.
And keep in mind the SOS110 and LIB495 is writing and searching information so maintain your energy for the 2 courses you will need it.
By the way this is the link for the TESU's Software Engineering book.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(02-08-2023, 06:37 AM)gams007 Wrote:

My friend my recommendation is to take the Saylor's course CS302 look for any book that can help you watch some youtube videos regarding this subject do all the quizzes from the Saylor's course or other wise you will be in my shoes I'm taking that course through TESU and it demands a bunch a writing you need to keep posting comments in a forum you also need to read a purchased a book for Software Engineering and also you need compose almost 7 essay's.
If you are someone like me, who does not like to write papers go for the Saylor's exam.
And keep in mind the SOS110 and LIB495 is writing and searching information so maintain your energy for the 2 courses you will need it.
Thanks man! I'll definitely take a look at the book. I know a little bit about it because I was taking the course through Study.com, until I found out it comes in as a lower division course. I think for now my plan of attack will be to first finish MIS and then knock this one out after. I want to avoid paying for a course through TESU or any other provider (if possible) lol.
(02-08-2023, 08:51 AM)GoLurker22 Wrote:

Thanks man! I'll definitely take a look at the book. I know a little bit about it because I was taking the course through Study.com, until I found out it comes in as a lower division course. I think for now my plan of attack will be to first finish MIS and then knock this one out after. I want to avoid paying for a course through TESU or any other provider (if possible) lol.

OOP, UML, Testing, and some of the SDLC stuff you already learned in Sys An course will get you through to a passing grade.  But definitely know the ins and outs of UML, what all the symbols, lines etc mean.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
[-] The following 1 user Likes spohara's post:
  • gams007
(02-08-2023, 04:35 PM)spohara Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 08:51 AM)GoLurker22 Wrote:

OOP, UML, Testing, and some of the SDLC stuff you already learned in Sys An course will get you through to a passing grade.  But definitely know the ins and outs of UML, what all the symbols, lines etc mean.

Thanks, this is super helpful! Hopefully I'll be getting started on this soon. So far, I'm about halfway done with the MIS course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,351 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 531 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 431 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az