Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA in mathematics
Hello. I am trying to finish up my BA in mathematics through TESU. 
TESU requires 16 credits through them or else there is a fee. 
I have taken the cornerstone (SOS-110), Calc III, and College Geometry through them - for three credits each. I will also take the Capstone through them for another 3 credits. 
Because I need another upper level course, I will take either Calc IV or mathematical modeling through them as well. This brings me to a total of fifteen credits. 
It seems to me to be more economical to take a one credit course through TESU than a three credit course. The problem is that I still need one more math credit - at the 200 level or higher. Does anyone know anywhere I can take a free/cheap course to earn this credit? 

I have already taken Calc I, Calc II, Calc III, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Geometry, Concepts in Math and Quantitative Analysis, and Discreet Math. 

I have also taken Precalc, college math, and college algebra - but all those were marked at the 100 level and didn't count towards my area of study. The college math and college algebra were both cleps.
Coopersmith has "Concepts in Math and Quantitative Analysis" that comes in as UL credit. I know you're not specifically looking for UL credit, but there it is.

West Texas A&M Self-Paced ($699/course)
MATH 3342: Differential Equations (might come in as calc IV?)

Westcott Courses (transcripted on Brandman, RA credit)
Abstract Algebra $973 (UL)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-21-2020, 04:01 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Coopersmith has "Concepts in Math and Quantitative Analysis" that comes in as UL credit. I know you're not specifically looking for UL credit, but there it is.

West Texas A&M Self-Paced ($699/course)
MATH 3342: Differential Equations (might come in as calc IV?)

Westcott Courses (transcripted on Brandman, RA credit)
Abstract Algebra $973 (UL)

Thank you. I'm actually taking the Coopersmith Course as one of my Upper Level courses. I forgot to write that in - I'll try to edit my question. 
The Westcott Courses course is good - and is 4SH, but they require very specific courses before you can take it.
(10-21-2020, 03:43 PM)Giantzebra Wrote: Hello. I am trying to finish up my BA in mathematics through TESU. 
TESU requires 16 credits through them or else there is a fee. 
I have taken the cornerstone (SOS-110), Calc III, and College Geometry through them - for three credits each. I will also take the Capstone through them for another 3 credits. 
Because I need another upper level course, I will take either Calc IV or mathematical modeling through them as well. This brings me to a total of fifteen credits. 
It seems to me to be more economical to take a one credit course through TESU than a three credit course. The problem is that I still need one more math credit - at the 200 level or higher. Does anyone know anywhere I can take a free/cheap course to earn this credit? 

I have already taken Calc I, Calc II, Calc III, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Geometry, Concepts in Math and Quantitative Analysis, and Discreet Math. 

I have also taken Precalc, college math, and college algebra - but all those were marked at the 100 level and didn't count towards my area of study. The college math and college algebra were both cleps.

Hey there, how was cal 3 and math modeling? I'm also needing UL credits and contemplating those + history of math (or maybe college geometry if I want to do it fast/easier).
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 72 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 64 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 118 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 248 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 413 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 481 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,048 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 800 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 233 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP