Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TESU BACS Evaluation (doom)
I've just received my evaluation from TESU.

Here's the link: https://gofile.io/d/NGsBNd

I'm currently taking Calculus and Intro to Programming at ASU.

Any suggestions for my AOS and Electives sections are more than welcome.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
UL CS credits at SDC:
System Analysis & Design
Database Management
Management Information Systems
Computer Architecture

Pick one of:
Linear algebra at Coopersmith
Network Technology TECEP
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • doom
Here are the remaining courses you should get all from Study.com, you can select from many programming languages
You have a few more general education/free electives and an AOS elective requirement
- Because Intro to Programming is Java based, I recommend taking a few more programming
1) Computer Science 115: Programming in Java > COS-208 Programming in Java
2) Computer Science 113: Programming in Python > COS-205 Python Programming
3) Computer Science 307: Software Engineering > CIS-251 Software Engineering

CS Required:
Computer Science 109: Introduction to Programming > COS-111 Introduction to Programming
Computer Science 201: Data Structures & Algorithms > COS-241 Data Structures
Math 104: Calculus > MAT-231 Calculus I
Math 108: Discrete Mathematics > MAT-270 Discrete Mathematics
Computer Science 105: Introduction to Operating Systems > COS-240 Operating Systems
(UL) Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture > COS-330 Computer Architecture

UL CS Electives:
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design > CIS-320 System Analysis & Design I
Computer Science 303: Database Management > CIS-311 Database Management
Business 303: Management Information Systems > CIS-301 Management Information Systems
Your final UL will be either from Coopersmith Linear Algebra or TESU's TECEP Network Technology
Note: Study.com is subscription based, you should try to complete these asap yet don't rush it
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • doom
Unless you like Java, I would not recommend taking the Java programming course; do Python instead. The assignment for Python is extremely easy while Java is much more involved and complicated.

With the knowledge from ASU's Intro to Programming Python section, you can complete the Programming in Python assignment at SDC easily. Between ASU and a bit of Py4E.com (up to lesson 7), it only took me about 3 hours to do the SDC assignment for Python. I have not even finished the SDC course yet. The score I got on the assignment means that finishing the course is a mere formality at this point.

You do not even need to take the other programming courses at SDC if you have finished Sophia. For CS, Sophia fills out ALL of your electives, most of your GE credits, and one slot in Group 2 of your AOS. Group 1 will be completely filled by the UL courses (except Computer Architecture, that goes into the slot above). Group 2 will have the one open slot that you can fill with Programming in Python.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • doom
(11-11-2020, 04:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unless you like Java, I would not recommend taking the Java programming course; do Python instead. The assignment for Python is extremely easy while Java is much more involved and complicated.

With the knowledge from ASU's Intro to Programming Python section, you can complete the Programming in Python assignment at SDC easily. Between ASU and a bit of Py4E.com (up to lesson 7), it only took me about 3 hours to do the SDC assignment for Python. I have not even finished the SDC course yet. The score I got on the assignment means that finishing the course is a mere formality at this point.

You do not even need to take the other programming courses at SDC if you have finished Sophia. For CS, Sophia fills out ALL of your electives, most of your GE credits, and one slot in Group 2 of your AOS. Group 1 will be completely filled by the UL courses (except Computer Architecture, that goes into the slot above). Group 2 will have the one open slot that you can fill with Programming in Python.

I agree it's better to learn Python than Java however Data Structures and Algorithms are taught in Java and the final assignment is in Java.

Something to keep in mind.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-11-2020, 05:35 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Data Structures and Algorithms are taught in Java and the final assignment is in Java.

I've suddenly become allergic to my CS degree. Wink
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(11-11-2020, 05:37 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 05:35 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Data Structures and Algorithms are taught in Java and the final assignment is in Java.

I've suddenly become allergic to my CS degree.  Wink

Most of these programming languages are strongly based on C language so it doesn't take much time to learn a new one.

It's not like learning the Spanish language and then trying to learn Chinese.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • doom, Dorothy44
Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestions.

I noticed that I got credit for both Sophia Intro to Ethics and The Institute Ethics.

I also noticed that the catalog year is 2021.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
Yeah, having both Ethics won't change your degree plan, nor does having the 2021 catalog year be different, you're on the 2020-2021 year.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • doom
I received my eval. 15 courses away !
2 tesu required
36 cr aos
3 cr pre calc to prepare for calc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 640 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 153 2 hours ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,569 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 399 04-22-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 618 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 544 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 278 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 254 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 406 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM