Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS Course Selection Help
I just transferred my Temple courses into TESU and it seems I am just missing two credits for Human Cultures or Social Sciences, two courses in Upper Levels, and the capstone. I was wondering was courses would satisfy those requirements. I completed the the Cyber 101 and 201 TEEX courses. Can they fulfill the Upper Level requirements?

Would 8 HRM-299 Special Topics in H R M 03/18/17 CR count as Human Culture? It is human resources management.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
No, HRM will not be counted in Human Cultures, it'll be a free elective. It will not go into your LL BALS concentration AOS either. It would be best for you to copy/paste your evaluation into this thread for a review of what courses you've taken and still need. Hope this helps... You may be closer to a BSBA than a BALS if you've taken mainly business courses. Create two "what if's" for a BSBA General Management plus a BALS, then copy/paste the details here.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Attached is my BALS summary.

The summary doesn't include these listed courses yet:

Cyber TEEX 101 and TEEX 202
Personal Finance - Study.com
English 102 - Study.com (Everything complete except for assignments 2 and 3)
Since you’re with Study.com, try to do the following three to finish the degree
1. History 108, Intro to Vietnam War for lower level Humanities requirement
2. History 308, Vietnam War again for overlap, upper level requirements
3. English 305, Advanced Technical Writing, final upper level to prep for capstone

Note. There are other courses and ways of using your current credits to move courses around.
But this should be the easiest even though, you can take a LL ethics course and move your current ethics into the UL. You have done two of the TEEX, but I think the third TEEX was the course that can be used in your UL. Either way, you need to take 3 more courses.

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(05-23-2018, 10:36 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Since you’re with Study.com, try to do the following three to finish the degree
3. English 305, Advanced Technical Writing, final upper level to prep for capstone

I agree that these would a good option.  Other choices

For Knowledge of Human Culture & 1 UL course:
HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction
HIS 306: The American Civil War Era

For 2 UL courses:
COMPSCI 302: Systems Analysis & Design
BUS 303: Management Info Systems

3 Psych courses (2 of which are UL)

Anything where there is overlap, between what you've already taken and what you still need to take.

I would also say that you should think about registering for the capstone and paying the residency waiver before 6/30, since you are so close to graduation. The Study.com discount ends then.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MrBossmanJr

looks easier I think than

HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction
HIS 306: The American Civil War Era

but I'm not sure. Does the American Government course fulfill any of those quiz sections?

In addition, I would like to avoid English 305, Advanced Technical Writing and take the Systems Analysis & Design. Will these three courses work?

I emailed them to try to let my electronics courses be evaluated towards Upper Level, if possible, to avoid having to take Upper Level courses. Hopefully, they will consider it.

I wanted to take the capstone this summer, but I am going through a B&M for Calc 1 and 2, and statistics. I don't think my brain can handle the capstone too.
You can take a combination of those courses above, do the two history courses and the System Design and Analysis course.
I think History is easier, but if you want the Psychology or Sociology courses, there are a couple that's upper level.

Even if your Electronics courses are upper level, they're not going into your BALS AOS concentration or non-concentration. It will only be applicable for free electives, if you have over 27 credits in that area, it's just going to be placed in the "other" field.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(05-24-2018, 02:00 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: I wanted to take the capstone this summer, but I am going through a B&M for Calc 1 and 2, and statistics. I don't think my brain can handle the capstone too.

If you register for the August term before 6/30, then you might be getting close to finished with math, and just starting the capstone, which still might work...
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
Thanks. I think I am going the history route. The Vietnam courses has a lower count of quizzes.

I really wish Electronics counted as an AOS Sad

I don't think I'll be able to do the capstone. I have to be full-time to take advantage of the GI Bill. My Summer I and II are filled up.

Man, education is no joke. It is like a full time job.
(05-24-2018, 03:14 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Even if your Electronics courses are upper level, they're not going into your BALS AOS concentration or non-concentration.  It will only be applicable for free electives, if you have over 27 credits in that area, it's just going to be placed in the "other" field.

Some count as BALS courses - if they come in with an ELE prefix for sure, then they are considered NatSci and will work.  I think there are a couple more prefixes, but since they didn't put yours in the AOS right off the bat, I'm thinking they are not the "right" prefixes and won't count.  When courses come in that could go into the AOS, that is the first place TESU will put them, you don't even have to ask.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,008 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,132 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,746 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,609 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,872 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore